SAU Community

RB25DET Neo TPS reset/Relearn

Hi all, 

So this is somewhat of a noob question, and  after much searching SAU, FB, and the interwebs, i cannot find any concrete info on how to reset the TPS position on an RB25 neo. Some background on why i need to do this: I had been chasing an electrical gremlin where the car would die after hitting the limiter( which turned out to be an incorrectly set Nistune rev limit parameter). During the whole process, i had checked the TPS voltages, and noticed that when the TPS was closed it read 0.30v, and at WOT it would read 3.63v. The resistance sweep in both directions was correct.

Now, obviously this is out of Nissans specified window, and when i try to adjust it, it just idles up (to about 2000rpm) and the TPS IDLE indicator in Nistune does not illuminate, and adjusting the IACV does nothing to reduce the RPM. I've read you could leave the battery disconnected, or cycle the ign on and off 10 times etc etc but none of these have worked. The only thing i have yet to check (which i should have done earlier) is to refit my original Neo auto TB, which i had swapped over to an S2 RB25 TB (because the TSC TB solenoid fouled on my coilpacks), my thinking here is that maybe the S2 TB doesnt open/sweep the same way as the Neo? (im still using the neo TPS)

Anyone with any tips? Much appreciated. 

• 4 months later...

So I dont have nistune, I just have a enathply tune, I have the two throttle bodys, a billet q45 throttle body. Am have a code 46 throttle motor sensor. Would this after the driveability of the car? Also how are yall running the tps sensors on the neo with a q45?

Throttle motor sensor is NOT anything to do with the TPS.  It is to do with the traction control throttle's position sensor.  You will get that code (in the ECU) if the TCS system is not working (is, if the TCS computer is not present, or the TCS throttle is broken in some way).

We don't make TPS sensors work with Q45 throttles on NEOs, because, um, we don't change the TB.  Why would we?  The stocker is big enough for everything.