SAU Community

R34GTT BC Coilovers question.... I'm getting a runaround

car is 1998 GTT R34, people in the USA can't give me a straight answer. 

Example of email I got back from them:

James,
We are not 100% certain but the d-18 part number ought to be the correct one if I am not mistaken. Seen here:
https://www.enjukuracing.com/products/bc-racing-br-type-coilover-for-98-01-nissan-r34-gts-d-18.html

If they are un aware I wouldn't know what direction to point you in other then forums to see if the gts and gtt are the same for coil overs. Apologies for not being of more help. Let us know if you have any other questions or if you want to get a order going. Thanks!

Regards,

--
Brandon McDowell
Enjuku Racing Parts, LLC
Street | Strip | Show
Customer Service
[email protected]
Phone: 352-241-8399
Hours: 9:30-5:30, M-F, EST

So, who here has a R34GTT and can confirm these work.    I got a similar reply from BC Racing themselves.     I find this rather hilarious. 

Jordy's info is right. I wouldn't buy from that site, especially if they list the R34 as a "GTS"

Grab a set from Justjap and get them shipped to the States, it all has to be shipped to the USA one way or another as it's all coming from Taiwan. That way you will absolutely get the correct part.

Right, but did you guys not read what I said.  BC racing told me they didn't know, and their reseller (a rather popular one in the US) also doesn't know.  

I was asking if there was any owners that had them could verify what they ordered so I can get this squared away, and then get back to these companies, because either they hire idiots that don't know their products, or nothing works for the GTT.   

https://bcracingcoilovers.com/collections/nissan/products/99-02-nissan-skyline-r34-gts-rear-fork-bc-racing-coilovers

Not hard to look under your car at your current setup (whether it's eyelet or fork type).

You could have literally figured it out by the time you created this thread.

The company doesn't know because it slaps generic monotube dampers and springs onto hundreds of different types of mounts.

I know they are fork coilovers!  I've known for quite some time.  I was asking what part numbers actual owners used because I couldn't get a straight answer from BC, nor one of their biggest resellers. 

So, I figured, taking the advice of the reseller, I would ask here from someone who ACTUALLY OWNS THEM before I order something that they can't give me a straight answer on.

• 11 months later...

I used to run a giant nissan forum, so here I am updating my thread so it actually helps search engines.  I also made a 'tech' video that might help some people that are new to the R34 Chassis.  I ordered Stance coilovers from Enjuku Racing.  They work just fine!  

It was still a little strange that nobody at Enjuku or BC racing could answer with confidence what part number I needed at the time.  So they just sent me a set and it turned out to work fine.   LOL  

You're question was answered above? I don't see why this dragged out for so long.. Also for future reference to others, JJ won't sell BC products to overseas customers.

D-18 (Fork type)
D-72 (Eyelet type)

• 3 weeks later...