SAU Community

Engine bay relay harness - need photo

Snara

33 GTR, right? Sorry I don't have one to confirm.

The AC relay is probably positive trigger from the ECU, negative trigger straight to earth and power straight to that main battery distribution post.  Later models used negative trigger.

Depending on what you need to know the easiest way is probably to probe it with the multimeter with the relay out.

Unless you are trying to add a missing one in.....in which case check the ECU pin out to see if the AC signal is + or -, and then wire in a relay. One side of trigger is ECU AC pin, other trigger is either IGN if ECU is -, or earth if ECU is +, and then the main feed just comes straight from the battery post.

• Thanks 1

I'm not the best when it comes to auto electrics, but I do have an R33 GT-R and the air con works, so if all you need is a photo of something off a working car to reference I can do that for you mate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duncan said:

33 GTR, right? Sorry I don't have one to confirm.

The AC relay is probably positive trigger from the ECU, negative trigger straight to earth and power straight to that main battery distribution post.  Later models used negative trigger.

Depending on what you need to know the easiest way is probably to probe it with the multimeter with the relay out.

Unless you are trying to add a missing one in.....in which case check the ECU pin out to see if the AC signal is + or -, and then wire in a relay. One side of trigger is ECU AC pin, other trigger is either IGN if ECU is -, or earth if ECU is +, and then the main feed just comes straight from the battery post.

Yea, r33 gtr 95'. I have cut off few cables and need to check the OEM wiring to bring it back.

30 minutes ago, Super Roo said:

I'm not the best when it comes to auto electrics, but I do have an R33 GT-R and the air con works, so if all you need is a photo of something off a working car to reference I can do that for you mate.

Yes, I need only photo of that 4 cables for AC relay. I have cut off few cables and idk which one going to that relay :P

Okay, I’ve had a chance to have a quick look at mine, got the relay off but couldn’t get the plug out in the time I had. But from what I can tell there are four wires. If you’re looking at it standing at the front of the car, the blue and pink wire seems like it’s at the top, the yellow and green wire seems like it’s at the left, and the right and bottom are identical grey wires. Hope that helps, will try and get the plug out tomorrow if I have more time.

E0D13D6B-43A2-42DD-A418-5571DEDE7F1D.jpeg

A236B681-3DD2-4C54-B033-C6A9A1F90B58.jpeg

B72A92D4-B86A-407D-8832-30DD01F97067.jpeg

1576F868-7989-496E-82CD-12585CC5543D.jpeg

9BB757E7-1AB8-4279-932B-2135B367070E.jpeg

• Thanks 1