SAU Community

Nistune would be smarter than any piggyback crap.  The NA ECU should be able to do what you need - doesn't matter that it was auto.  Nistune will actually help you to get rid of codes that the ECU will probably throw from not having the auto's TCU on-line.

If you have to buy injectors, don't buy stock DET injectors.  Buy some brand new Bosch injectors (or similar) from Scotty (or similar).

Any big pump will do.  The 255 is reasonable, but there are newer Walbros that better suit E85, for some future proofing.

If you do use Nistune, grab a Z32 AFM, or an R35 blade AFM and fit that instead.  No point hamstringing yourself with the NA RB25 AFM.

And upgrade the brakes.

And fit an LSD.

11 hours ago, AngryRB said:

I run flex fulltime with no issues, i can check knock and sensors are working and is easy for my tuner to play with.

Does the job for $600.

You mean you run E85 full time.

PowerFC can't even cut power when you're above a particular load point, it can't even cut power when you've exceeded a particular engine water temperature.

I think you need to admit now that it is a pretty basic ECU.

Nistune can do full flex blending (PowerFC cannot), Nistune has basic engine protection (PowerFC will grenade your motor), Nistune you can vary your VCT (PowerFC you cannot), Nistune has launch control (PowerFC does not have), Nistune you can fully map the DC for the boost solenoid (PowerFC you cannot).

So tell why the PowerFC is better? Because of its useless hand controller?

Also, the RB25DE Ecu can't be Nistuned, at least it couldn't back in the day when I had one.

May have changed now as I admittedly hadn't looked into it for several years, but I got the impression that the actual ECU was fairly different hardware wise to the GTT one.

30 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

Also, the RB25DE Ecu can't be Nistuned, at least it couldn't back in the day when I had one.

May have changed now as I admittedly hadn't looked into it for several years, but I got the impression that the actual ECU was fairly different hardware wise to the GTT one.

If that's the case GTt ones are dime a dozen, everyone going Halaltech or Link or Motec or ECU Master or Syvecs these days.

2 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

So tell why the PowerFC is better? Because of its useless hand controller?

But the resolution on the hand controller is great, nearly as good as a Motec C127!

• Haha 1