SAU Community

Hey Guys, 

I have probably been a member of this site for a few years at least and never actually taken notice of it. I have only started to realise that there is actually alot of useful information on here which is sort of expected. 

I am the proud owner of a Nissan Skyline R32 GTR ( GODZILLA ). i have owned the car for roughly 8 years now. I purchased it off a young guy whos parants made him sell it, although at the time of test driving it there were a few issues. It had a wheel bearing issue as well as having a spun bearing, (guess which one went). So i was facing a very hard decision. I was a 21 year old male who had no money and had to borrow a whole heap, although i was a mechanic at the time. 

So i decided to do some work to the engine. I didnt have enough money to get pistons and i was told the standard pistons are fine for a whole heap of power, I got 2 new LARGER turbos GT2860GTRS, refreshed bearings gaskets mains rods and all the rest. 

It has been off the road for a number of years sitting in a garage making money basically and i am now considering saving up to get it back on the road. 

What does everyone think about this ? Would it be a better idea to keep it locked up in a garage while they continue to go up in value, or is it a better idea to get it running again, i guess give it a solid service and it will probably need alot of new bushes and stuff from sitting sedate in the same spot for roughly 5 years. 

Does anyone know if they will continue to go up in price or if they are going to plateau? I am also worried about insurance and just how expensive it will be. I guess im lucky because i am over 30 now, is Shannons the best company to insure it with ? and what is the price they cover it for? 

Thanks guys, I look forward to having convos with you all, and if i do end up choosing to get it running i will join and end up coming to alot of the events. 

Can anyone explain 

I must ask ... If you were 21 when you got it and you've had it 8 years ..... How are you over thirty? ?

It comes down to your preference. If I was in your boat and the bill to get it running welll again wasn't too high then I'd be super keen to have a bit of a weekender. Although, I miss my GTR's all the time but I'm not sure how often I'd actually be able to drive them these days in which case keeping it under wraps and protected might be the go.

Are you going to be able to enjoy it? Will you be able to enjoy it without freaking out that you're going to damage or break something?