SAU Community

Xtreame tripple plate clutch

Taha

• 3 weeks later...

Nismo twin plate got nothing on ATS. Not even same ballpark to an ATS carbon twin, let alone a triple. I Don't think Xtreme / Xclutch sell them anymore as they were repackaged ATS. Go to the Jap site

Edited by BK
More info

Yeah the Xclutch ceramic twin or Nismo twin will hold for a while, maybe even a full season or two with 500+Kw.Then the clutch will warp the metallic floating discs from heat, probably before the ceramic plates wear out and won't be able to get it into gear. It's all pretty relative to how the car is launched to how long they last. Another 32 here made it 3 seasons at 350rwKw with a Nismo twin before it cried enough for example.

Decent power car above, about what my R32 was on the 2.6 before Nitto 2.8. Crap 60ft and crap ET for140mph though. Mid 10's is do-able at 130mph. Should be well into the 9's with that MPH. Not to mention 500rwKw won't last long on stock bottom end.

The point I was making with the carbon ATS triples is they last nearly forever compared to everything else, which might hold the power but will wear out quicker. One season I spent 30k on clutches and gearboxes before the ATS.

Never looked back. Got one in my 330rwKw 33 and I don't think that car will EVER need a clutch ever again after looking at how it has performed in my 32. Good luck with everything.

On 7/25/2018 at 9:50 AM, niZmO_Man said:

Nah. Buy Nismo twin plate.

Average AF clutch bro lol.

I make a bit over 500kw atw and installed a new nismo twin plate c spec with flywheel. Doesnt slip but i reckon its at its limit.

10.6 @ 127mph - it's in my bottom signature. Was really laggy on 2.6 but managed 1.5 - 1.6 60ft with Mickey Thompson 255 ET street radials. Still running in Nitto 2.8 engine as we speak, so haven't run it yet. Haven't done the full power tune yet either. Red centre nats 4 is on the 1st and 2nd of September so I'll be on the dyno there with a figure to report. Once everything is tuned correctly I'll hit the strip after that. Hopefully 9's too but it'll run what it runs

41 minutes ago, Taha said:

Going 30 when it blows  I done 1.52 2nd launch  snapped  cv and night was all over would of been a high 9    be back next week

Snapped CV, wow. Yeah I was looking at the US driveshaft shop CVs in case that happens - $3k +

Just out of interest, what box are you running ? I was running a Trust / Quaife 6 speed dog until I broke it after about 2 years. Back to OS giken sychro for the moment. Maybe PPG next year.

• 3 weeks later...

That is crazy ! Well done ! I destroyed 3rd gear in my 32 stock box the first time I ever ran MT ET streets. Broke Trust / Quaife 6 speed straight cut dog box 3rd after about 40 - 50 mid 10 passes. Got a 5 speed Giken at the moment but I think it's PPG time...

Never had an issue but others have broken them. Thinking of selling it as I want to go back to a dog box so badly. Pity PPG is so $$$ for the fully optioned 5 speed straight cut set, like $13k for a gearset. $10k without mainshaft and assembly. Don't know if I can justify that.