SAU Community

5x100 wheels on a Nissan

Hey guys, I’ve tried to find an answer to this but I’ve come up empty. I’ve got a 33 gtst skyline, 5x114.3. I bought a set of weds off a member who had them on a 33 as well. Got them home and they’re stamped 5x100 on the back

IMG_7516.jpg

IMG_7508.jpg

They fit fine so didn’t think much of it. It’s a track car and a mate was selling another set the same that he was running on his 33gtr so I bought them too. Same stamp, 5x100, fit fine.

Bought a set of skid rims from a falcon, different brand, 5x100, they fit as well

I found one comment from a forum in the uk that mentions needing a ring insert for a different sized centre hub but nothing else

IMG_7519.jpgIMG_7519.jpg

The only thing that is definitely the case is that they are NOT 5x100.  You could measure the PCD yourself and work this out in about 3.2 seconds.

Now, the possibilities are.....Wedsport, despite being a "brand name" are a lazy bunch of f**ktards and can't be arsed having the right sizing in the moulds for wheels that they are making.  Or.....you and your mates have been buying fakes, and the lazy Chinese ccommunist arseholes ripping off Wedsport are too lazy to do a good job of faking the sizing in the casting.

• Like 1

What he ^ said. Your wheels are definately 5x114.3 as are 99% of mid nineties nissans. Also all falcons so that exaplains that.

I also had a set of genuine XT7's that were stamped 5x100 and i absoltely 100% gaurentee you that they were 5x114.3 despite the incorrect PCD being cast into every wheel. I have no idea whey they are like that.

That makes sense, thanks fella. There’s room to make them multi stud (10 countersunk holes) but only one stud pattern (5 holes) drilled in all 8 of the weds. All stamped with 5x100 from the factory but never drilled to that pcd. I believe they’re genuine but I wouldn’t know how to pick it
IMG_7517.jpg

To use Rays as an example their CE28's have just about every PCD known to man shown on the rim.  How they drill/forge/machine/make the hub determines the PCD and the offset (to an extent).  It is the same forging which makes sense from a manufacturing point of view.

So, for example the +22 & +15 CE28's shown below are the same forging, just machined 7mm different.  You cant tell them apart from the outside, only by looking at the back of the hub.  It also has 4x114.3, VIA, 5x100 & 4x100 shown on it.  It is a 5x114.3 PCD rim.

20170627_162352.jpg

20151211_170232.jpg

20151211_170237.jpg

Just means that both size PCD could be produced from one wheel mould its actually efficient manufacture and cost effective. The holes for wheel mounting have simply been drilled last rather than cast.

You are confusing The Wheel Manufacturer, with a company that gives a f**k.