SAU Community

Intelligent Key Not Detected

Hi guys I have a V36 and I'm having issues with my intelligent key system, problem started about a year ago as low key fob battery warning on the dash even with a new battery in the remote, then a few weeks ago the remote started not being detected intermittently and quickly deteriorated to not being detected at all, I have to use the key to open the door and then place the key fob in the slot in the dash to start the car. I have two remotes and the faults aren't specific to one, I'm guessing the wireless receiver in the car has failed, has anyone else had this?

Thanks

I had a key not working ...got someone to reprogram (the car I think) so that it worked. If both your keys failed together you are probably right in thinking its the car unit. Better get it looked at quick in case there is a transponder (don't know about your particular model) and that fails too in which case you will be stranded.

The sensor is up in the rear view mirror, hence the cable running into it, so if there have been any changes in that area that will block the transmissions between the key and the mirror the locks and ignition will both stop working properly...

I've had a look today and there is a wire going to my rearview mirror but all the service manuals I found say the keyless receiver is in under the glovebox, I've pulled the glovebox out and unscrewed the panel the manual says its under but the drawing isn't the best and I'm struggling to find reference points. Does any have any advice or photos on what to look for?