SAU Community

Push to pull conversion

Hi everyone 

I am changing my slipping R4C clutch with R3C one  in my R33 GTR.

After ordering the triple clutch I remembered that I had to get the push to pull conversion kit with the R4C clutch ?.

Just wanted to find out from people in the know if the conversion kit that I got with the quad plate will work with the triple one ??

Thanks

The 33 is a pull type box from standard. Unless its been converted to a push type.

To change from pull to push you will need push type front cover for gearbox, clutch fork and master cylinder.

This is the tricky part. If your box is a pull type it will need the holes for the push type master cylinder to be drilled and taped.

To go from push to pull is a bit different. You will still need pull type front cover, pull type clutch arm/fork plus locking pin.

Now master cylinder. A stock push type box will NOT have the bolt bosses for a pull type clutch.

That said, all pull type boxes can become push type but push type boxes cant become pull.

The box was pull type to start with.(33 GTR)

then I went R4C which is a push type so I’m guessing it’s been converted to push.

the new R3C is also “””push “””type so I’m hoping the push/pull converter that is in the car will work with it.

i noticed they have one kit for R4C and another for R3C