• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Hey guys, been trawling through every forum trying to find diagrams and pictures to help with wiring an auto to manual conversion for my R34 GTT. Have done everything apart from wiring. I have read a thread but had no pictures. Think I've done all the gearbox wiring correctly, however, struggling to find the inhibitor switch. Anyone who's done this should be able to help me? Some are saying inhibitor switch is by the fuse box but still unsure?

Thanks in advance.

Can you explain what wires you connected for the neutral and reverse switch? 

Inhibitor is joining black and pink to the grey wire

Got the inhibitor switch working. 

Id have to get photos a bit later. There’s a brown and black plug from the auto box speed sensor. Not sure which one to use. And then a black and green sensor from th PNP switch. Green isn’t used. The black one you use red wire and a ground wire from the speedo sensor for the reverse. Just need some photos to follow really. 

Yeah I tried that it didn’t work 

photos if possible would be really great thanks! 

So is yours working or are you still doing the conversion?

My manual conversion is done apart from wiring up the reverse lights and neutral switch 

Reverse lights - red to red, other wire goes into the black/pink and grey , 3 wires connected

speedo straight swap with the auto speedo 

neutral switch is the only one I havnt worked out now 

Isn’t there 2 Speedo sensors from auto box? Which one did you use?

Speedo- yellow to brown 

grey to black 

whichever plug that makes sense for 

Hmm not really sure what you mean. Will be working on the car tomorrow so hopefully can get an idea once looking at the wires. 

Hey mate, got the reverse lights sorted. Cheers. Can’t get the Speedo working though.. we tried yellow to brown and grey to black but didn’t work. Any help? Are they the correct wires?

08035ECB-1611-41E8-90DC-137F93EB767A.jpeg

Read somewhere s1 to s2 box the wires are opposite

try yellow to black perhaps? 

Nope.. Tried both auto speedo connectors and tried both wires and tried them opposite ways and nothing which is quite annoying! Your reverse wires were spot on though cheers! Might have to get it finished off by an auto elec, unless you got photos or something?

I remember vaguely (months ago) when I did this, I initially hooked the R33 GTST speed sensor into the wiring loom for the wrong auto speed sensor, as you have described the R34 GTT auto loom has wiring for two sensors as the auto has two "speed sensors".

Unfortunately I'm in no position to get under my car and check it out, but I do remember getting it backwards and going 'aha' upon consulting both diagrams (i.e manual gtst box and R34 GTT)

Hey mate, cheers. Not really sure what do to as I’ve tried both speedo sensors. It’s literally just two wires joined to two wires so I don’t know what’s wrong?