• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

I know it's not a skyline but I've owned a and built a few so I thought I'd put this here.  At the rate I'm going I'll be lucky to finish this project in my lifetime, maybe this will keep me going..

Anyway unfortunately I don't have all fancy pictures like other threads, everything looks rough and dirty now because it is.

06XY4ev.jpg?3

I got some parts last week so that's why I thought I'd get on here and make some progress.  Just a bunch of random stuff in no order.

Gearbox (Z33) crossmember, just finished welding this, needs to be cleaned up and painted.

5NzpENN.jpg?2

350z DBW pedal and VQ37VHR throttle bodies.

gkJwf1h.jpg?1

OL1i7XV.jpg?1

As you can probably tell from the above picture I am going dual throttle, this came about because the stock inlet plenum won't fit under the bonnet/hood (for you Americans) and it looks ugly as hell.  So I've decided to go for for something similar to the R35 GTR plenum.  Here is the flange for the inlet manifold and exhaust flanges as well, I'll start working on the inlet soon.

YX4AKhh.jpg?1

And here's the part that makes it TT, I'm sure a lot of people will be disappointed here by these small turbos (R33 GTR), but they're really just to use for test fitting and I will get some gtr upgrade turbos later.

ojahMc1.jpg?1

My next step is inlet/exhaust manifolds.

• Like 3

PLAN AHEAD.  And by that, I mean don't plan to use -7 -9 -5 -10 whatever GTR "upgrade turbos".  Plan on something decent, like a pair of Garrett's G25s or a pair of the small BW EFRs.

• Like 1

Ah yeah the "upgrade turbos" was because I was going to put this on another forum that wouldn't understand -5, as -5s was my plan now I may have to rethink that.

Whats the VQ from? Z33 or is it a legit Y series? What ECU are you going to run?

Someone on this forum did a VQ30DET into an S15 really nicely, build thread is floating around.

It's from a Y33, anything from a z33 or y34 has VTC of some sort.  I could have gone with a z33 engine as I did an engine swap on one (see below) and had the engine laying around but I already started with this, so I will carry on with the 3 litre.  At this stage I'm looking at a link g4 thunder unless I can find some else/more suitable.  The g4 thunder is the only ecu I've found so far that can run dual DBW throttles, I'm sure there are others but I think link is the best fit.

I've seen the s15, it's a nice build.

The z33 I did the swap on:

r05Aktl.jpg?1

Small update, I've been buying a few more things and started work on the inlet manifolds.

There is absolutely no science behind these before anyone asks, I just had some 3 inch stainless pipe and started working on these.  The one with the blue tape on is the more complete one.

HzE1yXr.jpg?1

I can't for the life of me get my phone to take a decent picture from this angle with the lights on in my workshop, but here they are resting on the engine sitting roughly where they will be in the end.

uXF0YCJ.jpg?1

Got a 350z gearbox.

y5VuBxQ.jpg?1

The gearbox came as a package, I got a whole bunch of stuff from the guy including the driveshaft I got in the back of the gearbox, he said he has no idea what it's for but it has the yolk for this gearbox which is all I'm interested in.  Also got a new maxima clutch setup and flywheel but I won't be using that, ARP flywheel bolts which I will be using.  A generic chinese short shifter which I'll need to get a reverse lockout plate for or a better shifter as this one is very sloppy.

AONivJh.jpg?1

The package also came with a complete vq30det, I guess it never hurts to have a spare.

XEK87Ib.jpg?1

And the last thing I bought which was not part of the package, a second hand lightweight nismo 350z flywheel.

OLxAPoK.jpg?1

Edited by 30ed32
  • Like 3