SAU Community

Where did "GTT" originate?

Hi all,

I was kicked out of a UK facebook page because they didn't agree with me when I tried to help. Someone couldn't find the parts they were after from Japan so I suggested they were searching for the wrong model and was told "don't storm in here trying to drop your knowledge bomb on everyone".

So how did the "GTT" name ended up sticking in English countries?

As far as I know, it's called the 25GT Turbo or 25GT X Turbo.

Brochure1.jpg

Brochure2.jpg

Goo.JPG

KYB.JPG

Workshop Manual.jpg

0401290A30171020W00104.jpg

Goo-JP.JPG

Nissan-Global-Site.JPG

TradeCar.JPG

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Also slightly related, they aren't surge tanks, they are anit-surge tanks. Discuss.

And why do they call coolant coolant, it doesn't help cool, it should be called "slippery stuff that will get you flagged when you dump some at the track".

And why do they call shock absorbers shock absorbers, they don't absorb the shock, the springs and tyres do that job, they should be called "bouncy bouncy stoppers".

And what about radiators, they're not their to radiate heat,  they use convection to dissipate the heat, they should be called "the thing that holds all the slippery stuff that will get you flagged when you dump some at the track ".

Disclaimer: I may be looking into this to deeply, whiskey can fix that though, mmmm, whiskey. 

15337950555528577519823968000670.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, GTofuS-T said:

Well intrinsically; T > R

Excerpt from the alphabet: {...Q, R, S, T, U...} = T > R by order of 2.

Mate. Racing > Turbo/Sports

18 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

Also slightly related, they aren't surge tanks, they are anit-surge tanks. Discuss.

Like "sway bars" ?