SAU Community

Hi Team,

I have owned an Athens blue 2009 370GT SP for roughly 5 years now in Adelaide.

A long story short my rear Akebono pads where down to bare metal.  After replacing the Project MU pads (5-minute job) I believe the Rotor needs replacing, as there is a slight tapping sound coming from the rear left. (stupid mistake)

I am having allot of difficulty locating the REAR [PART NUMBER] from DBA, RDA, 370Z (Z34) anywhere outside of the US.

I don't need slotted or racing rotors  just direct replacement aftermarket, that are almost identical to the OEM

Would someone please point me in the right direction and hopefully I can Afterpay them ASAP. 

DBA list 2 rear rotors:

• DBA 2309 (308mm) and
  • DBA 2315 (350mm),

might have to measure your current rotor to see what you've got.. another possibility is getting the rotors machined which is fairly typical when replacing pads (esp. well worn pads).

I have the DBA 42315S rear discs on my 2009 SP coupe.

If you don't want to go slotted, I would still recommend the T3 (aka 4000) series for the spirited driver. In which case, the DBA part number is 42315.

You're probably looking at the wrong catalogue then. Also, it's a bit of a needle in a haystack, where I found the part numbers by comparing the actual dimensions I found in the G37 workshop manual.

Thanks mate, just ordered. I prefer the stock look, back in the day before the 370 I owned a TRD Aurion (basically a supercharged South East Asian 3.5L Camry) I had top of the line T3 DBAs they where prone to surface rust consistency, which made me question the quality of the rotors as the stocks rotors where resistant to the surface rust.

For starters, T3 aren't their top-of-the-line series of disc.

Secondly, surface rust is meaningless on these things. Drive around the block and you'll have them nice and shiny after a few stops. I left my OEM rotors out in the rain the day I replaced them with the T3s and the next morning, they also had surface rust. You cannot judge a book by its cover and equally, you cannot judge the quality of a disc by a little surface rust. DBA have built a solid reputation for their discs and if this was any indication of a quality issue, you can be sure they wouldn't be selling as much as they currently do.

Thirdly, nothing wrong with the appearance of slotted rotors and if nothing else, it does actually help with your braking performance.