SAU Community

DOSE PIPE / FLUTTER

Hey guys, how would I be able to change the sound of my flutter? Right now it’s a VERY high pitched sound.. I want it to be a deeper and more ballsy.

Current set up has a 2.5” pipe welded to a 3” pipe, I’m thinking the high pitched noise is because of the 2.5” pipe, if I was to buy a 45 degree silicon and chop the 2.5” bit off the pipe & just run a 3” pipe, would it lower the pitch of the flutter? Thanks in advance [emoji4] IMG_6155.jpg

42 minutes ago, Ogun Dullak said:

I’ve read almost everything there is to read on there mate, just confused on how to get a beefier dose instead of a high pitched one.

compressor wheel dictates that, take off the intake pipe and show us (or me) the compressor wheel.

Generally 6+6 wheels will dose better

• Like 1

Ithi k  you need to look at a tuba or those other things for inspiration, not like a saxophone cos they use a reed, needs to be noise powered.

Probably another turbo that shoots its air back into the outlet of the actual turbo would do the trick. (only when dose mode is on) That would be sweet I will get a drawing prepared first thing Monday.

• Like 1

compressor wheel dictates that, take off the intake pipe and show us (or me) the compressor wheel.

Generally 6+6 wheels will dose better

I’ll try getting a photo today, just trying to work out how to route this breather that’s plumbed into the intake if I was to buy a different pipe.. any way I could delete it?

I want to do all of this before taking it to the tuner (going MAP tune)

Ithi k  you need to look at a tuba or those other things for inspiration, not like a saxophone cos they use a reed, needs to be noise powered.
Probably another turbo that shoots its air back into the outlet of the actual turbo would do the trick. (only when dose mode is on) That would be sweet I will get a drawing prepared first thing Monday.

Sorry I’ve got no idea what you just said.. haha