• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Sign in to follow this  
Ogun Dullak

DOSE PIPE / FLUTTER

Hey guys, how would I be able to change the sound of my flutter? Right now it’s a VERY high pitched sound.. I want it to be a deeper and more ballsy.

Current set up has a 2.5” pipe welded to a 3” pipe, I’m thinking the high pitched noise is because of the 2.5” pipe, if I was to buy a 45 degree silicon and chop the 2.5” bit off the pipe & just run a 3” pipe, would it lower the pitch of the flutter? Thanks in advance IMG_6155.jpg

Long pipe.  Long enough to poke out through the grille.

Go on.  You know you want to.

Long pipe.  Long enough to poke out through the grille.
Go on.  You know you want to.

haha, if that’s what’s going to get rid of this pigeon on steroids than yes please

Fair enough, my old 33 with a GCG highflow dosed sick compared to this one with a hypergear highflow.. would it change the sound if I was to put a 4” pipe instead..?

Yes the sound will change, also the type of material you use. I suggest getting a bigger turbo for deeper dose.

The length of your IC pipe work and IC core size will also contribute to dose.

I’ve got a forward facing plenum.. that may also be why it doesn’t sound very good. I’m going to try and experiment with some different pods and pipes and see if any of them work :)

Calaisturbo.com

I’ve read almost everything there is to read on there mate, just confused on how to get a beefier dose instead of a high pitched one.

42 minutes ago, Ogun Dullak said:

I’ve read almost everything there is to read on there mate, just confused on how to get a beefier dose instead of a high pitched one.

compressor wheel dictates that, take off the intake pipe and show us (or me) the compressor wheel.

Generally 6+6 wheels will dose better

• Like 1

Most people love a good dose, just enough so the throttle plate doesn't bend LOL...

I said it...... but the new setup will get a BOV lol

Get rid of the 2.5" section and go 3" or bigger.

Boost level will change it and also running no filter will change the sound.

• Like 1

Ithi k  you need to look at a tuba or those other things for inspiration, not like a saxophone cos they use a reed, needs to be noise powered.

Probably another turbo that shoots its air back into the outlet of the actual turbo would do the trick. (only when dose mode is on) That would be sweet I will get a drawing prepared first thing Monday.

• Like 1

Get rid of the 2.5" section and go 3" or bigger.
Boost level will change it and also running no filter will change the sound.

Going to try and get a 4” pipe, see if that makes it lower pitched

compressor wheel dictates that, take off the intake pipe and show us (or me) the compressor wheel.

Generally 6+6 wheels will dose better

I’ll try getting a photo today, just trying to work out how to route this breather that’s plumbed into the intake if I was to buy a different pipe.. any way I could delete it?

I want to do all of this before taking it to the tuner (going MAP tune)

Ithi k  you need to look at a tuba or those other things for inspiration, not like a saxophone cos they use a reed, needs to be noise powered.
Probably another turbo that shoots its air back into the outlet of the actual turbo would do the trick. (only when dose mode is on) That would be sweet I will get a drawing prepared first thing Monday.

Sorry I’ve got no idea what you just said.. haha