SAU Community

Besides the exhaust, here are all the parts I intend to buy to complete my stage 1 r33 build. The car is currently stock. Is there anything else I should buy or replace for something else on this list? This is a budget build but I also don’t want to cut any corners so any tips would help. I am sure I am missing some parts, especially with the bigger fuel pump. Thank you 

CE842DB3-4E8A-4D9F-9CC9-479118A3FA4C.png

F817E960-2CDF-491F-AFE3-000E8BE4ACDB.png

A lot of what you posted is junk.

If you want to keep it affordable look at; Second hand power fc, new walbro pump with rewire, boost tee, any off the shelf exhaust used/second hand same thing, new z32 afm. Should be able to do that under 2k tuned.

Thanks for the advice but a second hand power fc will still be too much for the benefits and I hear of problems with boost tees, i won’t deny they give great power for the money tho. I will definitely look at Walbro pumps and a z32 afm. With a new fuel pump is there anything else I should get to support the extra fuel flow?

I’d have to spend more money to not be that retard haha. I could just get a new waste gate actuator and super afc and make as much power as a power fc with a boost tee but for less $. I debated this same thing for awhile with myself, but after all I’ve read and heard I’ve made up my mind

If you have made up your mind what exactly are you looking for?

You should take advantage of people selling power fcs. These days people are going haltech or emtron or something newer. Second hand power fcs can be had for under $500. Most importantly it plugs in. No cutting of wires like your safc. Thats cheap af for a full ecu. If you are budget conscious get a jaycar digital fuel adjuster lol seriously, there is no good excuse for getting a fuel controller with so many other affordable options these days.

Z32. Piss off stock afm.

Boost tap is cheapest option and it works. If you want incar adjustment look at an ebc. Makes no difference. Set the boost 14psi and leave it.

Entry level and good hp/$. 

After that injectors turbo and front mount.

Can i ask where you are located? If you're in Australia, then nistune is going to be a better solution than an safc and won't cost much either. You just need a factory nissan r32/z32 ecu, probably $100 2nd hand and a new nistune board installed is probably around 4-500 aud. It will plug straight in, no messy wiring and will work well, have modern features and be fully tuneable. Sounds like you've made your mind up but that's my 2c worth. Good luck.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WantGTR said:

If you have made up your mind what exactly are you looking for?

You should take advantage of people selling power fcs. These days people are going haltech or emtron or something newer. Second hand power fcs can be had for under $500. Most importantly it plugs in. No cutting of wires like your safc. Thats cheap af for a full ecu. If you are budget conscious get a jaycar digital fuel adjuster lol seriously, there is no good excuse for getting a fuel controller with so many other affordable options these days.

Z32. Piss off stock afm.

Boost tap is cheapest option and it works. If you want incar adjustment look at an ebc. Makes no difference. Set the boost 14psi and leave it.

Entry level and good hp/$. 

After that injectors turbo and front mount.

Okay okay. You and others seem pretty adamant about me getting a power fc second hand so I’ll start looking and I guess grab a boost tee. I am only looking to push my boost to about 10 psi, maybe 12 max. I don’t need my car to be insane and want to not push the stock turbo. With that amount of boost is a z32 necessary or can I run stock afm at 10 psi? My goal is r33 gtr power in a gtst so like ~280whp

You wont need the z32 afm for that power. Power fc, boost t, 3 inch exhaust and 11-12 psi will get you around 250-260rwhp. An r34 gtt turbo will get you closer to 280. You'll probably need a proper intercooler too. You're in Japan, so parts shouldn't be hard to come by.

For stage 1, why dont you just go:
• full 3 inch exhaust
• R34 GTT intercooler
• Boost T set to safe 10psi
• Apexi pod filter (don't think this is necessary)

I had my r33 dynoed at 180rwkw (245hp) with these mods.
I was under the impression the stock ECU was kept in stage 1 mods.

Keep in mind that your rwhp and his rwhp are no necessarily the same thing.

Let me put it to you another way.  I have an RR25 Neo.  12 psi boost, big exhaust, FMIC, big cold air induction.  It makes 191rwkW.  Without the tune that is in the Nistuned ECU it would not go anywhere near that much power.  It would be deeply f**ked by R&R.

You need it tuned.  Buy a PowerFC. Don't stuff around.  And don't expect the R33 turbo to hold together at 12 psi either.  it might, or it could shit itself in days.  Spin the wheel, take your chances.

You don’t run an aftermarket ecu with that setup? I’m looking to make about 20 more hp at the wheels than that
Yep stock ecu, at 10 psi boost it ran with no issues and didn't hit R&R.
But my mistake, i had a blitz return flow intercooler not an R34 GTT one.