• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Seriously?

If you like your car, you service it every 10,000km. If you love your car, then it's every 5,000km.

I do mine every 6 months as I don't do a lot of KM.. usually it has done around 5,000km in that time.  I do my wife's J31 maxima at the same time, and it does even less KM.

2 hours ago, The Max said:

Seriously?

If you like your car, you service it every 10,000km. If you love your car, then it's every 5,000km.

Rubbish!  The oil will have barely started to harden up at 50k.  I would keep driving it for the next 300k, then think about checking the oil.  Timing belt at 1000000km along with new tyres.

• Like 1

I'm sensing a hook, with a line and a sinker here. :P

Edited by The Max

If you wait long enough you don't even need to drain the oil, that saves time.

Every 5,000km, religiously. These are highly tuned engines and need to be treated as such. And decent quality synthetic oil must be used too imho. My V35 has done 200,000km and still runs like a new car.

I just wait till the oil pressure light comes on, that way there's no dirty oil left to contaminate the fresh stuff. Works good

Cheers for the input. It probally has been serviced previously but the question had been typed wrong where it should of read "my" instead of "it's". When I find a good garage then I will get it sorted.

What about the timing belt then?

Pro tip: SAU has a wealth of information on this and every topic to do with Skylines - go do some reading ..... VQ35s have a timing chain, not a belt.

• Like 1

Got ya!

I always buy cars that is chain driven because I can't be bothered with the hassle of getting the belt changed all the time.

Unless its just going to be a shopping basket that doesn't go far!

54 minutes ago, doggido said:

because I can't be bothered with the hassle of getting the belt changed all the time

Like, what?  Every 5-10 years or so?  Major headf**k.

Chains are better but not perfect. They can still stretch. You're not changing the belt all the time. You're changing it every 100,000kms. That's not such a big deal, even if it does take all day in your driveway.

Agreed.. a timing belt every 100k km or 5 or so years is hardly a big deal, it certainly wouldn't put me off buying a car,.