SAU Community

New Front Mount IC in melbourne...

TSTG33R

Hey ppls,

Just a bit of a question I got here about prices and the best place to go for a front mount ic.

It seems I have a leak in my standard 33gtst intercooler, that would be leaking air I assume, and it is leaking through a previously patched point in the cooler, therefore a refix is not really an option, as in the words of goldmember I aint toight...

Therefore, I'f I'm going to fork out the money to get a new cooler I thought I may as well go an aftermarket front mount...any excuse will do I guess!

So I need some ideas...

- Im not after anything huge, and I'm not looking at spending truck loads, It would be great If I could get something second hand or the like, or even a well made no name.

- Any recommendations on places to go for one in Melbourne? That would include somewhere that could source and fit?

- And of course estimates on prices would be great?

Thanks,

Paul Paul

Guest Viper180

Ice performance do front mounts. I got quoted 1250 for a front mount fitted. Thats a good price. Forgot the measurements. Give em a call on 95555969.

Jake 180

Originally posted by Viper180

Ice performance do front mounts. I got quoted 1250 for a front mount fitted. Thats a good price. Forgot the measurements. Give em a call on 95555969.

Jake 180

whats core size was that?

Originally posted by lowlux

depends on how much power u want,theres lots of factory coolers that do a good job,like the newer rx7 coolers,or even a GTR cooler,i bought mine for $500 2nd hand NEVER used and im makeing my pipeing my self and thats cost me $90 so far

and how did u get a GTR secondhand unused for that cheap?

if its secondhand how is it unused?

Originally posted by R31 Skyline Chick

After you've rang ice, try Race radiators  

They do good work, and Dave got his made up for well under $1000.

~K

Ditto.

Got one built that returns along the underside, so minimal stuffing around to hook into the plumbing. From memory, $700, then couple hundred to have it fitted.

('Eric' gets all his ICs done there).

Originally posted by blind_elk

Ditto.

Got one built that returns along the underside, so minimal stuffing around to hook into the plumbing. From memory, $700, then couple hundred to have it fitted.

('Eric' gets all his ICs done there).

damn thats cheap!

howw big core and how efficient is it having it return to the underside?

Mine is a bit narrower than it could be, coz we thought the A/C condensor bottle (by driver's side of radiator) was going to interfere. Its about 60 - 70 mm thick, and half the height is behind the bumper bar (the steel one).

TSTG33R

I've just removed my cooler last night as I'm selling my line maybe I'd be able to interest u, like I said its an avo stage 2 one epa approved piping included and u could fit it urself I mean I was able to remove it and fit the standard one on in about 3.5hrs I had to take off the front spoiler too that's if ur confident enuf to fit it... up to you pm me if interested...

:mad:

Originally posted by TSTG33R

Where did u guys go to get it fitted?? I spoke to one place, and they quoted $600, that's including piping and mounting! Is this about right?

Steve at Speed Technology in Mitcham 9873 5400