SAU Community

When is it a good time to get the ecu tuned?

5 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

So long as the tuner is able to do the board install (it's not just plug and play, there are cleaning and soldering tasks to do) and has the Consult cable and software....the answer  is no.

I have a local guy here (state side) who is a tuning guru and I’m gonna give him a ring this week. 

Guru or not you are not going to get an extra 100KW with those "mods". You will at least need to set your boost to 10 to get a noticeable increase. Front mount and better exhaust will help...

4 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

It will be in the order of 10rwkW unless you add boost.  But, if tuned well, it will feel a lot faster than that because more timing and less fuel in the middle of the maps will sharpen it up a lot.

I was thinking along the same lines as well. I heard the factory tune on these is a bit rich?

19 minutes ago, SeanR32GtSt said:

I can definitely feel the fuel being too much in the mid to higher rpm range. Does having a VTA blow off valve have a negative effect on that as well. 

Nope.  Only time that matters is when you lift off with boost and the air gets let out, leaving the engine overfuelled for the next few seconds.  Under boost, the BOV is closed, so the mixtures should be what the AFM&ECU say they should be.

Doesn't.  Peak power for mine (realistic 191 rwkW stock Neo turbo) is 6900rpm.  Continues to make good power until the 7500 chop chop.

My RB20 in same car was happy to run all the way out to 8300.  Could feel power rolling off after 7500.