SAU Community

OK so turbod my r34 
Rb25de neo car is half tuned as turbo blew and spent all my money on a new one haha OK so I'm not happy with the knock levels bad timing set 15btdc have set all timing in map to low but so bloody hard trying to get power without knock the load timing is hurting my brain haha most of my map I set to 18 load and rpm and upd injectors Correction from 1000 to 1400 barley any knock but just all feels crap so was wondering if anyone had a pic of there maps I can copy just for a base start for rb25+t 5-10psi and maybe injector map thanks people 

R33 5speed gearbox conversion 

R33 rebuilt turbo 

R33 turbo manifold

Gtt injectors 

R32gtst4det fuel pump

Power FC ecu and controller 

Big front mount cooler

Turbo smart bleed valve 

New 3"pipe decat and r32 custom dump

R34na 02sensor

R34 na pink label afm 

IMG20180818173549.jpg

If you want to tune with PFC, source yourself a Datalogit kit, wide band sensor kit, and from there you will get the right fuel map developed to suit your engine and injector flow capabilities.

Is the AFM from an N/A spec capable of measuring the flow of the turbocharged setup?

Ignition wise, you've got relatively high static compression, and a fairly restrictive turbine.  That's going to impact significantly on what timing the engine will take under boost without being prone to knock. On P98, you're going to have to test - carefully.  That timing might be only 5-10 BTDC. 

And that's why E85 could be your friend if you want it to make reasonable power with a DE+T.  ie. you need timing in order to make best torque. But put too much in, and you'll be looking at blown ring lands.  The resistance of E85 to knock (compared to petrol) makes life easier.

Cruise + light load ignition mapping, you will comfortably be up around 35 degrees (some will use more than that even).  Then it's a case of pulling that back as you approach and get into  boost.  This is not something I would encourage you try to get perfect on road, especially as a novice tuner.

It could prove costly, either wreck an engine, the car, someone else, or your licence because of the varying conditions/speeds/loads you need to exercise the engine to log and build your tune file.

I no longer have any PFC files that could assist.  Have you looked at or found any tuning groups on fakebook? Better still, any groups that only play with Power FC?  Or considered a tuner who plays with PFC?