SAU Community

Seat Belt tightens up when loss of traction

Hey guys

I have a 2009 Nissan Skyline 370GT Crossover and got a weird safety feature, with

any loss of traction all the seatbelts that are active tighten up to the point of feeling like being choked.

Does anyone has that and/or know how to disable it?

Thanks

P.S my traction control is unplugged/disabled 

5 hours ago, Skidmore said:

Id rather have a 4 point harness than what I have as when it tightens up its hard to steer or do anything so its more unsafe. 

My experience with 4 point harnesses are they are rubbish, I would prefer the OEM 3 point.

Reason: to have it tight enough I found the lap section would pull up to my guts, sure it held me in position, but was uncomfortable, and in the event of a front end prang, I  think there's a good chance that you would end up in the foot well,  aka "submarine".

A 3 point negates this by letting part of your upper body to shift forward, 5/6 point uses your crutch area, I vote for the 6 point in this regard.

IMO you either go OEM or 6 point.

Opinions may vary 

4 hours ago, The Max said:

I truly hope you're joking right now.

9 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Bullshit.  You should not have to move your torso to steer.

Unless you're a mad gangsta low-rider

, seat back â Don Francisco by Bodega Bamz

• Like 2

On 9/1/2018 at 8:20 AM, Skidmore said:

Id rather have a 4 point harness than what I have as when it tightens up its hard to steer or do anything so its more unsafe. 

With your shoulder pushed hard into the back of the seat extend your arm ...if you can't get the heel of your palm(s) on the top of the steering wheel you are too far back to exert proper control.  People spend $$$ on bucket seats and race seats so that their bodies don't move about while throwing the car around.

• Like 1