SAU Community

My Rb25/30 turbo choice

Rb25/30nissan

Hi Im currently building a rb25/30 and pretty much at the stage where I need to think hard about turbo choice The botton end is forged spool rods, cps,.. Id like a fast street car but a daily aswell looking for 400hp maybe abit more but want to stay on pump fuel Will the gt3582r turbo be a good choice cheers for any professional info.

On 8/29/2018 at 3:40 AM, Rb25/30nissan said:

Hi Im currently building a rb25/30 and pretty much at the stage where I need to think hard about turbo choice The botton end is forged spool rods, cps,.. Id like a fast street car but a daily aswell looking for 400hp maybe abit more but want to stay on pump fuel Will the gt3582r turbo be a good choice cheers for any professional info.

I put a 3582R on my RB30 Stagea but used .63 rear for max take off (heavy wagon) but would have preferred a .82 for a little more grunt on the track. Today I would use a modern turbo. Unusually a Wellington workshop did a back to back comparison on the same car (Skyline with RB30) and got the following results:

.63 rear at 18 psi = 350kw

.82 rear at 18 psi 375kw

I would suggest the .82 for you as it would be easy to get 400kw out of it and for a street car would drive better than with a 1.00 rear.

PS just noticed you only want 400hp not kw. You will do that with a GT3076 easily.

1 hour ago, Rb25/30nissan said:

Thanks for the reply and your comments. What rev range will the gt3582r start spooling

This is with the .63 rear on my car -with VCT, Link ECU, mac valve, 50mm Synapse wastegate, Sinco manifold :

2013.11.21 Boost curve 001.jpg

14 minutes ago, Pelefoti said:
On 9/7/2018 at 2:08 PM, Looney_Head said:
i have a borg warner s300sx with a .91 twin scroll housing on my rb25/30, and am getting a bar at 3700ish rpm, it makes 500hp on 14psi on pump gas.

and cost less than 1k NZD landed

What website was that

http://www.theboostlab.com/s300sx3-60-91-a-r-straight-compressor-outlet/

this is the turbo i got, the exchange rate was good at the time

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:29 AM, Looney_Head said:

a 8375 s360

Did the physical bulk of this unit cause much packaging/fitment issues?

What manifold?  Pics would probably tell a lot for people contemplating the same unit.

Nah it's not too bad, I am running a sinco twin scroll manifold for a rb30, they make the collector lower for the 30.

A walk around of my setup.

i tried to add a pic, but for some reason its not loading :/

Edited by Looney_Head
  • Like 2