SAU Community

R33 gist Quaife rear diff??

What diff centre are you using?  The GTR one?  As far as I know, there are no Quaifes for the non-GTR versions.

FWIW, the stock VLSD has uneven length splines, unlike the GTR diff (or any other similar mech LSD) which are even length.  Which is why when you buy a Nismo diff for these cars (for example) you get supplied new stub axles to suit, as you can't make a mech type centre take the long stub that works in the viscous centre.

Using the QDF7L centre I had in a long nose R200. Have changed to a short nose R200 from a r33 with Nismo centre and stub axles. The stub axles are very tight and won’t go all the way in. The Quaife site lists the centre as a replacement for s13 and 14. I thought the stubs were the same spline

That centre only works with the equal length stubs from the open R200s.  I think that the splines on them are different to the Nismo LSD splines.  You may be shit out of luck or have to buy an open diff to harvest the stubs and hope they're strong enough.  Oh...but the open stubs are all 3x2 bolt, not 5 bolt.

• Like 1