SAU Community

Do turbo coilpacks fit non turbo? + Car in limpmode

Hi guys,

Do R33 spec 1 turbo (rb25det) coilpacks fit a spec 1 non turbo(rb25de)?

I brought a non turbo R33 recently and it feels really sluggish, like it's in limpmode. My brothers got some spare coilpacks for his turbo R33 so was thinking of trying them out and see if they help... 

It's not missfiring and sounds super healthy but is hesitant for a few seconds on start up and cuts out sometimes unless I give it a quick rev. Once the car is started though, it drives smooth but it's really slow like it's in limpmode. There is hardly any power. I serviced it a few weeks back and it gained loads of power back. Replaced cone filter with stock airbox and a few days later it lost power again.

Hmm I just thought if they fit, why not try but didnt think it's coilpacks either.

Also when I replaced the cone for the stock airbox, I was going to clean the AFM but it was already super clean so didn't bother. There wasn't even a spec of dirt weirdly.

Any other ideas what the problem could be?

I'll try cleaning it then and hope it helps.

Also to add, the car revs all the way up till limiter at 7k and drives smoothly. No misfires or any stuttering. There just doesn't seem to be any power or torque sometimes like it's being held back. The revs and speed climb up really slow when you rev it or put foot down.

Does this sound like an AFM or something?

Also I've been told a spec 1 green label AFM is same for both turbo and non turbo rb25's?