SAU Community

Will they fit? R32 Gtst wheel size - help please

Hey All,

Any help would be much appreciated! Im new on here so im sorry if this is the wrong place

I am looking at purchasing a new set of Panasport G7 c5c2, they are odd sized so im not too sure about the inner guard clearance.

Fronts: 17x9 +22

Rear 17x10 +42 

I have used willtheyfit.com to find out that the poke on the front is slightly more than the rear. 

Main questions are, will they fill the guards? and will they clear the rear coilovers? has anyone fit this sized wheel before? 

Can anyone also confirm the difference in guard clearance on an R32 gtst coupe? because it seems everyone likes to run staggered wheels with larger on rear?

Any help on this would be awesome!

Cheers,
Dan

I don't think your sizes will fit.  10" on the rear is essentially impossible on an R32 regardless of offset.  (Ignoring spacers, guard modifications, etc).

Anything bigger than 8.5" on the front is really pushing it too.  I have 17x8" +35 all around.  If I could find a workable offset, I could probably get an 8.5 in there without it rubbing on things, but as it stands, there is almost no clearance when the wheels are turned to the plastic liner and various other spots.

On the rear, I'm sure I could fit a 9" wheel, maybe even 9.5, again with the ideal offset.

Look at the very informative wheel fitment thread in this very forum to see what people have managed and what stupid amounts of camber they may have had to run to squeeze it in!

Thanks for reply @GTSBoy

I had a feeling this was going to be the feedback  , really appreciate you giving me that. I will have a look through the thread and see if I can find any similar offsets or sizes.

They are just really nice wheels and I wanted them to fit

Edited by furlongvia

30mm bolt on spacers

-5deg camber all round

185 wide tyres

do it

jokes don't

Sounds like those wheels are for a Supra or something (Toyota tends to run higher offsets).

For reference: early Nismo sizes were 7.5 +35/8.5 +38 or something like that, but you could get away with going half an inch wider.

I have a set 17x9 + 20 on my 32 gtst.

They will fit, and they won't hit the coilovers, but you will NEED to remove the inner guards, roll the guard edges, run a bit of camber and I run 235/45 tyres which are a little less than ideal width.

I've tried to set mine up with the least amount of camber necessary to keep the wheels a) inside the guards and b) avoid scrubbing, from memory fronts are around 2 - 2.5 on the front and around 1.5 on the rear.

I'm currently looking to swap these wheels out for something in the 17x8 range though to make things a little more practical.

• 1 month later...