SAU Community

Liberty Walk widebody styling - ugly or nice?

Robocop2310

Hey guys,

I recently came across a few R35 GTR's with Liberty Walk bodykits on them online. Personally I think they look hideous. I like the smooth curves and dislike those "bolt on" kits with exposed screws but thought what others think of them? GTR's ought to be clean and tough-looking not phat-arse cars with huge RICEY wings and wheels. 

Please share your thoughts and post some photos if you have one of these on your car.

Cheers,

Alex

Image result for liberty walk gtr

Related image

Image result for liberty walk gtr

R35s already look like kid's toys.  So putting a bunch of tupperware onto them is unlikely to make them worse looking.  In the case of this kit, I actually think it's very successful.  Bolt on stuff like that is super "race"....but you do have to go the whole hog and make the car actually be a race car.  Not a halfway riced up streeter.

45 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

R35s already look like kid's toys.  So putting a bunch of tupperware onto them is unlikely to make them worse looking.  In the case of this kit, I actually think it's very successful.  Bolt on stuff like that is super "race"....but you do have to go the whole hog and make the car actually be a race car.  Not a halfway riced up streeter.

Well said mate I agree with you totally. I think the R35 just dosen't have that "tough rugged" look of the classic Skyline GTR's so this kit just makes it look more RICEY and many people just do it up for looks and leave the car stock which is a shame. I personally hate it and think it looks hideous. 

On 9/15/2018 at 10:14 AM, mlracing said:

They definitely look very aggressive with the kit on, they also have 3 different styles now and some have been moulded on. 

Fair enough, but still hideous in my book. To me the lines and curves of the R32, R33 and R34 GTRs are tough and nice yet so simple not all this big flarey-airey look which I'm sure will die out sooner or later. Anyway each to their own. 

That's why it's called a niche, not everyone has to love it, and genuine are probably so expensive they don't need (nor want) everyone to buy it. People put these on Lamborghini's ffs, so their target audience is people with more money than brains, and sadly those type of people will never die off.

• Like 1

It's different seeing pictures online vs in person though. Like you most of the time I think it looks pretty poo in photos but seeing some in the flesh and visiting Liberty Walk to see stuff there, it does look pretty cool in real life if for no other reason than it's a bit crazy

• Like 2

On 9/17/2018 at 9:09 AM, GTofuS-T said:

That's why it's called a niche, not everyone has to love it, and genuine are probably so expensive they don't need (nor want) everyone to buy it. People put these on Lamborghini's ffs, so their target audience is people with more money than brains, and sadly those type of people will never die off.

Ha ha ha...I loved and cannot agree more with your comment...yep, people who put on these hideous abominations have more money than brains...that's one thing for sure! lol

On 9/17/2018 at 9:39 AM, mlracing said:

It's different seeing pictures online vs in person though. Like you most of the time I think it looks pretty poo in photos but seeing some in the flesh and visiting Liberty Walk to see stuff there, it does look pretty cool in real life if for no other reason than it's a bit crazy

Sure is different. I mean, can you imagine cutting up your GTR and putting these "bolt on's" on. Yuck. Like the previous post nicely put it...these bodykits are aimed at rich people with more money than brains!