SAU Community

Want to know put a rb30 in my 34

TeeDow

Had my the 34 a couple years now and been wanting to upgrade to a det. Well last week my brother inlaw offered me a rb 30 with a reconditioned 25det head. But coz I want it real bad and he’s giving me a mad deal I’m gunna take it off his hands when I can get over to his( not any time soon) was wondering if someone would be good guy or girl and give me a list of everything I will need to insert this into my 34 and all the parts I’m going to need please. I’m new to this sort of thing and would like to get in and learn how this is done hands on.

• Like 1

Most people will say you need a turbo car to start with but in any case if you have lots of time do the reading first. Read through some build threads and read the RB30 PDF which you will find at the top of the forced induction section. As a minimum you are going to need some better brakes,  transmission,  suspension, an aftermarket computer so just because you are getting the engine cheap it won't be a cheap project. Does the engine come with manifolds, injectors, turbo?  There is no quick answer...there are pages of info in this site and when you have done reading  you may be left with some questions but do the research first.

• Thanks 1