SAU Community

Block Brace

WantGTR

7 hours ago, R.3.2.G.T.R said:

Also keen to hear, I have a prp one being fitted to my stock block 

Excellent! im looking at a PRP also. i imagine you are chasing north of 500kw atw? aftermarket front diff or stock?

1 hour ago, Dale FZ1 said:

First question: who has cracked a RB block?  And how/when/where?

i do. how? dont know. just happend? it has cracked on the outside of the block, on the hot side, between cylinders 2 and 3, right above the oil feed. after some googling, it seems to be a popular spot. Next question is. have you cracked one? what have done to remedy it?

1 hour ago, WantGTR said:

i do. how? dont know. just happend? it has cracked on the outside of the block, on the hot side, between cylinders 2 and 3, right above the oil feed. after some googling, it seems to be a popular spot. Next question is. have you cracked one? what have done to remedy it?

So this is a GTR thing then?  If so, count me out.

Is there drag racing type launches involved?

15 hours ago, R.3.2.G.T.R said:

correct, recommended by the builder, quaife front diff

good stuff. i actually didnt anticipate id make 800hp. long story but it sort of just happend. wish i went block brace from the start.

2 hours ago, WantGTR said:

good stuff. i actually didnt anticipate id make 800hp. long story but it sort of just happend. wish i went block brace from the start.

at the time i just saw it as cheap insurance for stock block which came back as mint after initial test, hadnt decided what turbo/power i was going for

alternative would have been to shell out 5k+ on N1 block if stock one was buggered

44 minutes ago, R.3.2.G.T.R said:

at the time i just saw it as cheap insurance for stock block which came back as mint after initial test, hadnt decided what turbo/power i was going for

alternative would have been to shell out 5k+ on N1 block if stock one was buggered 

yeah i understand. i was suppose to just do a freshen up, at the time i wasnt even considering going single, only thing led to another, 35psi later......

I've got one, on a stock block 2.8 stroker, hard to say how its going to hold up as the engine only has 2-3k kms on it. 

500kw run in tune 25psi with a 9180. See what she does at 35-40 psi in a few months. 

51 minutes ago, Deano 1 said:

I've got one, on a stock block 2.8 stroker, hard to say how its going to hold up as the engine only has 2-3k kms on it. 

500kw run in tune 25psi with a 9180. See what she does at 35-40 psi in a few months. 

similar setup to what I'm going for except with 8374, I assume Jez is tuning