SAU Community

Nismo Suspension Link Parts

Stixbnr32

I am looking at replacing the bushings in front and rear of my R32 GTR.

I have been told to use OEM or Nismo and to forget Nolathane/Superpro rubbish (not my words).

So my question is should I just get the Nismo bushings or are the arms a worthy upgrade as well?

I would be unlikely to expect that the bushes in a Nismo FUCA would be any different to the bushes in the original arm.  The arms are the same, just a different length.  The compliance of the original bushes is required to cope with the horrible forces put into them by the geometry problems of the R32 suspension design as it travels through its arc.

In my long experience of f**king about with these things, the adjustable SuperPro et al bushes for the stock arms are a good thing.   They give you a little bit of adjustment.  If it's enough, that's great.  If it's not enough then you put up with not having the camber you want.  But the urethane bushes are fine - when you keep in mind that they won't last forever.  I have had them in my car (until recently) almost since they first became available nearly 20 years ago.  I had to install grease nipples on the arm ends to allow me to pump them full of grease without a complete disassemble, which is absolutely required.  They wear out in a few years.  You have to keep an eye on them and replace the urethane parts.  They also squeak a bit when they're dry - which is half the reason for the greasers.

I have just put GKTech FUCAs on the car.  These are excellent, except that I have spent more time working on them in the last few months than I have ever spent on the FUCAs in nearly 20 years.

Urethane bushes in the rear are fine.  I've had them in there, again for >15 years, only just recently replaced with Hardrace adjustable arms so that I could obtain proper control over camber and bump steer.  I would actually highly recommend Hardrace arms in the rear, with the rubber bushes, not the spherical joints.  Sphericals are great, but they are not well suited to road cars (and a loooong way from legal unless engineered).

Cool to know.

I currently have Nagisa Auto rose joints for the rear arm link sets and these have abit of play in them.

They are adjustable arms but I dont really muck with it for street use.

I have tein coil overs and was thinking of replacing the arms with Nismo units and selling off the adjustable arms.

Will the Nismo units work good with Tein coil overs or should I keep the adjustable arms in there and replace the rose joints?

Edited by Stixbnr32