SAU Community

V35 stagea V6turbo prob. Dies as soon as under load

SonnyM35

Hi. All. Not sure im posting in correct area. Ive recently purchased a v35 stagea v6turbo. Wagon. Which I love, and hoping to do some future go fast mod too.

Issue is it dies in the backside as soon as put under load ?, i.e ..as soon as it starts to spool, she acts like she's just sucking air..? And ckokes..? 

And if i attempt to force it, it just chokes further, and / backfires. 

Ive replaced fuel filter, and take also looks clean. And replaced air filter. 

While there is slight improvement,  the problem is still there. 

Im a newbie to the v6turbo, and to the site. Im based in Adelaide? 

Any advice at this stage would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance! :)

I can point you to a good mechanic on Adelaide's north side if you need.  Diagnosing this sort of crap across the internet is usually more frustrating than helpful and it almost always turns out to be something other than what was suggested by the helpers.  Your problem could be caused by dead coilpacks, dying fuel pump, crappy AFM, a massive vacuum leak, dirty injectors, or something as simple as badly set timing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, M I K E said:

Check all of your intercooler piping for leaks first - something you can do yourself and won't cost anything 

8 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

I can point you to a good mechanic on Adelaide's north side if you need.  Diagnosing this sort of crap across the internet is usually more frustrating than helpful and it almost always turns out to be something other than what was suggested by the helpers.  Your problem could be caused by dead coilpacks, dying fuel pump, crappy AFM, a massive vacuum leak, dirty injectors, or something as simple as badly set timing

6 hours ago, M I K E said:

Check all of your intercooler piping for leaks first - something you can do yourself and won't cost anything 

Thanks both of you. I will do that.

A good mechanic is invaluable.  If you have a number / Mike. That be great. 

Cheers. Appreciated. :):)