SAU Community

rb25det box on hcr32

I was curious what people used for the transmission support when using the rb25box on the R32. I noticed the rb20 box only 1 of the holes lines up, other than welding a new piece on, Is there a stock support that would do the  trick.  Sorry if its been covered over and over again, I did not see any info that would help.

There are 3 Nissan gearbox crossmembers used on the various Skylines and S chassis cars, used for autos and manuals.  They are stamped A, B and C.  I can't remember which is which, and in the long run, my specific history is probably not helpful, as I first took the RB20's auto out and put in an RB20 manual box, which used a different crossmember to the original.  Then I swapped in an RB25 manual which used either the same one I originally had, or the third of them.

Regardless, look at the stamp on yours, go down to the wreckers and get one of each of the others, and you will have what you need.

There is actually A,B,C and D. And as GTSboy said its almost impossible for us to tell you what will fit as it depends on what box you have and if your car was originally manual or auto as the holes on the chassis are in different spots. It is easier to just modify your existing one.

• 2 weeks later...

search rbfactory i got my series 2 r33 rb25 box fitted to my hcr32 coupe through him, he fabricates gearbox crossmembers and lots of other skyline parts, super solid and doesn't charge a heap either. from the ipswich area but will post wherever. youd be looking for the 111mm slotted design, fitted my car perfectly. he actually did a run of them when he made mine so he might even have some in stock still.