SAU Community

R33 GTST Killing fuel pumps, low power

DAN-33

Hey there,

Been having a on going problem with the mostly stock R33 GTST

Quick run down,

95 R33 S1.5, 3" dump, hi flow cat, 3.5" cat back, rest of mechanical's are stock

Issue im having is its way down on power, issue first started few years back when it started to lack power under boost. Found out shortly after the 12v relay mod to the fuel pump that the pump was a goner. Replaced with a Walbro Intank pump and the car immediately felt better... for a week. Power died off instantly and month or so later pump died all together. Fast forward a little while and i went with a Bosch intank pump (044? 040?) and a Adjustable FPR with gauge (turbosmart i believe it is) Set the Psi to 43psi with vacuum hose off and motor warmed up., felt a tad better but not to where it was with the walbro when first put in. over the following months i had to adjust the FPR as the pressure kept dropping till the pump decided to not turn on at all. At this point i was fed up and threw a Cheap pump from autobahn in (aeromotive or something like that) its been in since, bout 2 years now but have lucky to put 10k on it and im still down on power, no throttle response, car feels doughy and im back to having dropping fuel pressure. Have recently replaced the exhaust gasket and studs nuts bolts turbo gaskets dump gasket copper washers ect all with genuine parts. was expecting the Car to feel better seeing as i had 5 broken studs and the gasket was missing pieces. Nope... its worse now then what it was before i swapped gasket. Boost gauge is showing 8psi, spool seems to be quick, but im just not feeling that oommph it used to have.

Car shows 192k, not sure if motor has ever been replaced, doesnt knock, ping, tick ect, feels smooth, idles well ect.

Anything i should be checking before once again changing fuel pump?

Thanks