SAU Community

Hi all! Newbie from Victoria (V35 Coupe)

Sammo V35

Hi all! My name is Sam.

I am a brand new member but long time lurker hailing from Victoria.

I know that this topic has been raised a few times here and I am unsure about the posting etiquette, but each time I search I end up leaving unsure…

I would be really grateful for any opinions and inputs from you veterans!

So, I am the proud owner of a V35 coupe (pearl white) and I am on the hunt for some decent wheels to fit flush… Budget preferably $1500-$2000 with tyres (am open to 2nd hand in good nick of course). Right now as you can see in the pictures I am running HRS556 18’’/8.5/45 offset all round + 5mm spacers rear fitted by the shop WHICH I want to get rid of realising they are not legal. I paid $1400 for wheels/tyres fitted with an alignment in a package deal when I knew nothing… SO basically I have screwed myself once by getting the wrong offset and can’t afford to do it again. – I am willing to admit I am still a noob by the way, this is my first car with doing anything to… A divorce present from me to me to keep me sane. ^_^

How tucked the wheels are, especially in the rear really bothers me. I have read that 9.5 fronts + 10.5 rears with 22 offset is perfect for flush right?

-          I will also re-sell the current wheels to subsidize my losses

The main two wheels I am looking at are:

1. Silver or black centre/mirror lip ESR SR series, SR06 in 18’’ mostly (Pretty much well-made WORK reps) 9.5 fronts +30 and 10.5 rears + 22, will cost about 1550 for just the wheels without there being a Christmas sale or something/can get a couple hundred cheaper from USA. – Don’t want to spend heaps on rims and cheap out on tyres though… 

2. Gloss black mirror lip Simmons FR1s 17/18’’ 17s are 17/8.5 Fronts and 17/9.5 Rears, custom offsets for $25 per wheel. Or 18/8.5 Front and 18/9.5 rear. On sale for about $1250 without tyres leaving room to get some mid-range rubber. – Located near me
ad here: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/rowville/wheels-tyres-rims/18-inch-simmons-fr1-wheels-18x8-5-x9-5-rims-alloy-x4-5x114-3/1195743347

Now I know what people think about Simmons being a Falcadore wheel, but they seem like a strong reputable wheel, due to being a simple style with a little dish & in black/mirror on a white car it would look clean/nice

My argument for 17s is I actually like the look of more tyre, would I get a smoother ride too? (18 is still nice) if so what specs and would the offset change from 18s or is that based on width? Anyone recommend the offset for 9.5 rears if they don’t make 10.5?

All that being said love looking at all of your 20s, but not for me.

Clearly I am lost here and really don’t want to mess it up again.

My car right now:

-          Guards are not rolled in the rear, don’t really want to either if possible and I have read most people with these kind of specs don’t anyway

-          I don’t want poke or to do anything that could get me defected, this is only meant to be a clean & nice looking daily cruiser (probably ceramic coating the paint soon) – just straight flush

-          Stock height

Thanks guys!
Ps. Are there any meets or shows in Vic? I would love to get out and into the scene (if there is one) just to look & learn etc.

Much love, sorry for the long post! ?

20180825_225115.jpg

20180914_185239.jpg

Thank you for your reply Leroy, appreciate it mate!

So 9/10 not 9.5/10.5? Yeah I have missed out on a few good 2nd hand deals looking back now, a lot of 2nd hand stuff with similar offsets are asking a lot and they are usually still reps.

Thank you for your reply Leroy, appreciate it mate!
So 9/10 not 9.5/10.5? Yeah I have missed out on a few good 2nd hand deals looking back now, a lot of 2nd hand stuff with similar offsets are asking a lot and they are usually still reps.

You could fit 9.5/10.5, but youre not wanting to play around with suspension arms or run stretched tyres, so itd be risky.
Just google v35 or g35 wheel offset threads and pick what you want. Just keep in mind americans love a pissing contest and tend to not share how much effort is involved to actually fit certain combos (including shitty wheel alignments because they ran out of toe adjust once they dialled in too much negative camber)

Nizmo Man, cheers brother! Appreciate the time!

I am of course keeping my eye out, looking like it might be best to go new esr for about 1500 ans save a bit more as the rears at 10.5 if I so choose will be expensive tyres.

Leroy, thank you as well! I have looked on nearly all forums here/g35driver over the months. American intel is just a pian as you mentioned because they all love camber and stupidly aggressive/expensive set-ups probably due to availability/price of things there in comparison and f**k all road law i.e no defects for poke/camber (hate excessive camber anyway but you get my point...)

People here claim you can do 9.5 10.5 no modification/scrubbing but I am not sure if they run streched. I mean i would hope like 40 sidewall fitted because I like tyre/comfort. I would likely go 18s or even 17s if I go ESR SR06 which are dished. Should I just go like 9.5 rear to be safe with more offset say instead of 22 go 17? I am unsure of how different it will lpok on the car etc is all.