SAU Community

The rear wiper on my R33 GTR has stopped working suddenly?

Hi guys,

I seldom turn on my rear wiper but recently wanted to use them after some rain and was surprised to see that they won't turn on anymore. I looked at all the fuses, bought another wiper piece with motor and even try replace the stork but nothing has fixed it.

Any idea what's wrong and how to fix? Please post up some photos if you've fixed this.

Many thanks,

You're looking for power and earth at the wiper motor.  if you find those, then the motor's f**ked.  if you don't then the wiring's not continuous.  Rinse and repeat until you work out what is not working.

And what is a "surge" and a "cut off" in the context of what we're talking about?

16 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

You're looking for power and earth at the wiper motor.  if you find those, then the motor's f**ked.  if you don't then the wiring's not continuous.  Rinse and repeat until you work out what is not working.

And what is a "surge" and a "cut off" in the context of what we're talking about?

Hi bud, yeah I think the motor is farked as I couldn't find any power going to the wiper motor at all. The funny thing is this is the second time I've replaced the motor so could be bad luck or something wrong with wiring like you said.

What I meant was sometimes there is an irregular power surge to the motor that has killed it and blown a fuse causuing it to malfunction but I've checked the fuse and it's good so I'm baffled. Granted I don't use it much but still would like everything in my car working. Might take it to the mechanic and get them to sort it out. 

Thanks again bud.