SAU Community

Biggest mistake EVER ! R34 Turbo

Omg thanks for the reply everyone !! Glad to know there’s a great community going on here!

Just a quick update for everyone about the car that looks great but doesn’t run properly !

Turns out the head gasket needs replacement.. and the mechanic also discovered the A/T light keeps flashing and he did the diagnose to check the errors and it turns out my transmission needs a new solenoid as it’s locked in limp mode..

Slowly finding out more and more terror!

If only money was growing in my backyard tree.
But thanks everyone big lesson learnt!

IMG_2740.JPG

To be honest, the body is the hardest and most expensive to fix. The mechanical stuff you can replace/repair (would need maintenance and repair eventually anyway). I would start saving for tools and trying to do work on it (if you have the space/garage/shed), paying for others to fix it will get expensive.

This could be a long project for you, and you'll end up with an awesome car in the end.

• 3 months later...

UPDATED : I ended up selling the car as it was just getting worst every time I drove it, got rid of it and decided to get a 350Z and probably best decision I’ve made sticking with Nissan.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 7:07 PM, 34Red said:

UPDATED : I ended up selling the car as it was just getting worst every time I drove it, got rid of it and decided to get a 350Z and probably best decision I’ve made sticking with Nissan.

That was not outcome I expected, hope you enjoy the tree fiddy. You had a great platform for a project car, I'd be interested to see where or whom it has gone to and what their plans are for it.

Sounds like my R34 sedan experience - although my seller was a lot more honest about its history and condition. I still lost interest and flogged it after having it sitting around for a couple of years and losing about 3-4k on various repairs and upgrades