• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

As the weather is warming up I've noticed that my 32gtst is not starting from cold as easily as it does or should compared to winter time, we just had a really cool morning and the car started first crank, when the engine is at operating temp restarting is fine, always first crank, it just has an issues starting first start of the day when ambient temps are over 25c

Any suggestions before I start playing around in nistune?

It's actually probably the change in fuel from winter blend to summer blend.  Tuning it out will possibly require reverting back in 6 months.  Try it and find out.

Fresh tank of fuel from a very new seven-11 noticed the same ting last summer, issue disappears in winter. I think it's running a little rich in the cold crank table, will have a play when it stops raining...

I don’t think it’s the petrol that’s the problem.

Suggest you check/clean coil packs and inspect spark plugs might need to replacing.

Your crank fueling vs temperature is out. Bring it back to your tuner or if you have Nistune fix it yourself or download it and send it to me and I'll fix it for you.

• Like 1

Tune was by me a couple of summers ago, thanks Johnny I'll open it it up and have a look, If I have problems I'll send you the file to have a look at.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:21 PM, burn4005 said:

Probably need more crank prime at warmer areas

After looking at the tables I think you are correct, I've added a couple of percentage in the 20c and 30c blocks of the cold crank enrichment table., have to wait until the ambient tenps warm up to see if it made any difference.