• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Sign in to follow this  
Robocop2310

Carbon fiber wrapping door trims anyone?

Hi guys, 

I just noticed my R33 GTR front door trims are starting to show its age and shows some rips so it's time for me to do something that I've always wanted to try which is to wrap them in carbon fiber. Has anyone done this and how hard was it? Which time of wrap did you use and how long did it take?

Also, does the wrap come with adhesive or will have I to spray it with adhesive glue? 

Any photos would be great!

Image result for r33 gtr carbon fiber door card

Edited by Robocop2310

Sorry but that’s a terrible idea. It looks soo trashy.
Either find second hand replacements or if you are dead set on carbon try finding someone that makes inner door trims

It won't stay stuck to something that moves, like the padded vinyl that the door trims already are.  Will bubble and lift and....look trashy.  More trashy even than when it was fresh.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

It won't stay stuck to something that moves, like the padded vinyl that the door trims already are.  Will bubble and lift and....look trashy.  More trashy even than when it was fresh.

What you said is 100% spot on. I just spoke one of my friends who does vinyl wrapping on the side and he said the same. 

I just came back from a Jap wrecker and bought used replacement trims ended up costing $250 for the pair but you're right better idea as wrapping is probably not an option.

Thanks for your reply - helpful as usual!

9 hours ago, UWISSH! said:

Sorry but that’s a terrible idea. It looks soo trashy.
Either find second hand replacements or if you are dead set on carbon try finding someone that makes inner door trims

You're right mate. I thought about it and felt this would sacrileges to do especially toward a GTR so I ended up going to a local wrecker and buying replacement trims.  

I guess for a 25 year old car the trims being worn is a given. 

Thanks for your honest opinion.