SAU Community

R32 GTR pricing Australia vs Canada

Now to make it short, I'm canadian and I'm trying to figure out what is the agreed upon value of r32 GTRs in general (bad shape, decent shape, mint shape). Obviously there's no concrete answer to such thing because every single r32 GTR is quite different.

Now what I don't understand is how the r32 GTR became worth north of 35k$ pretty much every market I have checked (Europe, Australia, USA) and in canada i can still buy one for 17k$. A fully built exemple pushing 600whp is not even worth 30k$. 

The prices are steadily but very slowly increasing in canada. People are trying to sell them for more but nobody is buying at their higher prices so they just end up selling to the states and getting way more then they could hope to get in Canada. I don't exactly know what the reason is but it seems to be that 1) They have always been dirt cheap until very recently in Canada so people don't give a damn anout them. (In 2008-09 a 10/10mint exemple was worth 15k$. Beat ones went as low as 4k$.)    2) The R34 seems to have taken all the place. Everyone wants an R34 and nobody gives a damn about R32 and R33s. Guessing Fast n Furious is to blame on that one.

So, What made R32 skyrocket into outter space in Australia?

The R32 is a legend car in Oz because it crushed the V8s in our touring car series.  Was so successful it got itself banned and the rules of the competition changed to exclude anything but knuckle dragger cars.  Australia is where the name Godzilla came from.

R32 GT-R jumped in price because of USA. It became eligible to import so once the 1989 cars became available, the auction prices in Japan dramatically jumped. That cascaded through to us here in Aus, as all the R32 GT-R perceived values went up. I'm just glad I got mine for $15k years ago.