SAU Community

Hello! I need to change front differential in my R32 gtr, do i have to take the engine out or is it easier to just drop down the front end?

And is there anything else i should know/think about?

I bought an engine, then my gearbox broke. I checked the front diff ratio and it was 4.5 while rear diff was 4.1 (R32). And ofc I forgot to change it before a the new engine came into place..

Any idea what the front differential might be?

Thanks

I don't know of any Nissan with that low a front diff ratio. The R34 GTR front (and rear) is 3.545. R32 and R33 GTRs are 4.1

The GTS4 is 4.375

I believe changing the front diff is best done engine out but someone may know better.

7 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

I don't know of any Nissan with that low a front diff ratio. The R34 GTR front (and rear) is 3.545. R32 and R33 GTRs are 4.1

The GTS4 is 4.375

I believe changing the front diff is best done engine out but someone may know better.

I know, thats the wierd part..

Forgot to tell you guys that there is a Getrag 233 on the car! (r34 gtr). Maybe that has something to do with ratio on front diff? Because i checked the ratio by spinning the prop shaft (correct name?) the front one.

Whats the price on a r32 front diff without sump? Anyone ships to sweden? :)

6 hours ago, BK said:

No need to remove engine at all for front diff change. By all means it's easier to setup backlash on crown wheel and pinion while engine is out and / or sump off.

Okey, thanks. Ill probably try to change diff without getting the engine out at first. Or just drive rwd.