SAU Community

Help with my R33 GTR wheels and spacers

Hi everyone, I need your help on getting spacers for my GTR. I thinking of adding 10mm or 15mm but am finding it hard getting the right spacers as the centre bore is the exact size as my current wheels so how do I get spacers that will fit my wheels on top?

As you can see from the attached photos, I bought a set of 10mm spacers and the centre bore won't fit through my wheels. I've never looked into spacers before so am needing some help.

Specs of 10mm spacers that didn't fit were:

PCD: 5/114.3 with 66.1mm center bore and 73.1 OD

What specs would I need for them to fit? I only need 10mm or 15mm.

Thanks all.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

17 minutes ago, JackieTran said:

Hi everyone, I need your help on getting spacers for my GTR. I thinking of adding 10mm or 15mm but am finding it hard getting the right spacers as the centre bore is the exact size as my current wheels so how do I get spacers that will fit my wheels on top?

As you can see from the attached photos, I bought a set of 10mm spacers and the centre bore won't fit through my wheels. I've never looked into spacers before so am needing some help.

Specs of 10mm spacers that didn't fit were:

PCD: 5/114.3 with 66.1mm center bore and 73.1 OD

What specs would I need for them to fit? I only need 10mm or 15mm.

Thanks all.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

I think the problem you had was the OD was 73.1mm it needs to also be 66.1mm. 

And it looks like those spacer are slip-on ones not hub centric? Also be careful as you may ruin your AWD system with different wheel diameters but I've never fitted spacers to my car before so others can confirm

Why do you need spacers?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, djr81 said:

Not 100% sure on this but:
You can get rims in 66.1mm diameter centre bore and you can get them in 73.1 diameter.

You appear to have bought a spacer that allows fitting of one to the other

You are right on this...Rays produce wheels in both specs. I think the OP mentioned that spacers with the OD of 66.1mm was the same as his wheels which didn't allow fitment so not sure either.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, UWISSH! said:

Get the correct size rims.
Spacers are a terrible idea and not in the slightest bit legal.
Did u also get extended wheel studs?

I was thinking the same too.

A friend ran into issues as he didn’t have enough stud thread left and his wheels were barely hanging on.

Looks is one thing but safety is paramount.

• Like 1

Looks like you have 19x10 +22 wheels, they should fit without issue.

If you're after more "stance" I suggest selling the wheels and getting ones with +12 offset.

You can get spacers, but then you need to buy longer wheel studs, and also you car isn't roadworthy.

• Like 1

Hey mate, although getting wheels with better offset is probably the way to go I can appreciate forking out extra cash isn't always an option for most.

If you must use a spacer (can be safe if only done right) then use a hub-centric one (sits flush onto the wheel's hub). The ones you have although would have been hub-centric are split-on ones with no extended studs you would would have had to get longer studs for them to work with your current wheel.

Alternatively and is the better option, get hub-centric one with their own extended wheel studs so they would sit on your current studs then have their own protruding studs whereby your wheel would sit on. Make sure the PCD and and centre bore diameters are correct for your car and be mindful of some rubbing when turning or cornering. For the rear of a GTR and based on your wheels offset, I reckon 15mm is max do not go any further. 

Good luck.

• Like 1

Thank you for everyone's replies. It is much appreciated. 

I got my rear guards flared so it is a little wider than stock which has add about 10mms from memory hence despite the wheels having good offset I don't know if it's sitting out enough yet. 

I'm chasing the R33 400R look so as you can see from the photos, it sits just out be still a little tucked under the guards just like how the 400R looked so many people say my wheels look nice and flush as is no need for spacers or do I still nee them?

The problem is I only have around 8-10mm clearance left on the guards so any further spacing and it will probably rub.

Photo03.thumb.jpg.d555effbf32854c2a8802a26cb09802b.jpgPhoto04.thumb.jpg.01ffddd6a6837c0aa664749d552c6eff.jpgPhoto02.thumb.jpg.acceb5fe014fc400d6129e88d1b2bdd7.jpgPhoto01.thumb.jpg.8e86efcca172605dd2ac1b3335fbb2fd.jpg

Nismo02.JPG.73f025e9bb22d570073ceed39e4ce66d.JPGNismo01.JPG.75ce987159f46605772626f1c8690771.JPG

I think your wheels are nice as is no need for spacers which would defect your GTR and cause issues. Your wheels are sticking out a lot already and the rear looks very similar to the 400R’s.

Edited by Robocop2310
  • Like 1

Those 400R wheels are 18x10 +20, with those wheel arch lip things.

You don't need spacers. If you want a more flush look, run 285 wide tyres and wind out the upper arms for less negative camber.

Or, sell your wheels and get 10.5 +12 ones. Messing around with spacers is frowned upon. But hey, you car, your money, you do what you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

You don't need spacers. If you want a more flush look, run 285 wide tyres and wind out the upper arms for less negative camber.

Or, sell your wheels and get 10.5 +12 ones. Messing around with spacers is frowned upon. But hey, you car, your money, you do what you want.

Well said totally agree. I second you don’t need spacers good as is. ?

• Like 1

On 11/1/2018 at 9:49 AM, niZmO_Man said:

Thanks everyone! I think I'll just leave them as is and run wider tires next time when they need changing.

Many thanks!