SAU Community

2002 Nissan Skyline PV35 350GT-8 Parts Compatibility Help

Neurotic

Hi again guys,

After a lot of research I've finally figured out what model my car is (bit hard as I can't read Japanese).

I'm looking for any info on what parts are compatible with chassis/body and engine as I've been lead to believe they are different (V35/Infiniti G35 for chassis/body and 350z for engine/interior).

I need new bushings for the inner lower control arms on my front suspension, probably a few other things too...so would anyone know where/what I should be looking for?

I was told the parts below would suit - pic of damaged bushing and new part below.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, local mechanic hasn't got a clue...

Thanks ?

PART_1539.jpg

superpro-spf3298k-large-1.jpg

6 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

It's a V35 so V35 parts will fit. GT-8 is a coupe so I would think all other coupe parts will suit. The only difference is the gearbox I believe?

Thanks for the reply, forgot to mention in the original post that it's a sedan, does that make a difference to parts compatibility?

Been off the road for too long, really want to source the parts but can't find a local supplier, and don't want to end up with the wrong parts ?

Thanks

2018-10-17 21.04.14.jpg

No, it makes no difference.  They are all the same car underneath.  The fact that it's a V35 still makes it hardly any different than an R32 underneath.  Most stuff looks essentially the same.  Of course, the parts may not swap like for like, but it's not as if Nissan made major changes to anything over the years.  So sedan = coupe = everything else.

39 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

No, it makes no difference.  They are all the same car underneath.  The fact that it's a V35 still makes it hardly any different than an R32 underneath.  Most stuff looks essentially the same.  Of course, the parts may not swap like for like, but it's not as if Nissan made major changes to anything over the years.  So sedan = coupe = everything else.

Ok cool thanks, yeah seems that way hey, from what I've read only noted differences in any of the models released around same time of mine is engine configuration, slight weight difference, body shape and transmission...The whole Infiniti G35 got me a bit confused at first too, but that's just basically re-branding yeah?

Would you happen to know of any reliable suppliers in Perth or Aus region?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Neurotic said:

The whole Infiniti G35 got me a bit confused at first too, but that's just basically re-branding yeah?

And the small matter of moving the steering wheel to the other side....