• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

GeeDog

Pressure brake bleeder for R33 (GTST, but probably all)

Wondering if anyone has made or bought a brake pressure bleeding setup for an R33 GTST master cylinder.

I need to pressure bleed the brakes in my wife's euro, so I've made up a pressure bleeder using a weed sprayer from bunnings, a Volvo master cylinder cap from the wreckers (don't have a Volvo, but most euros seem to use the same screw-on MC cap), a pressure gauge, and a few brass 1/4 BSP fittings. It fits and seals on the euro cars I have - haven't actuall bled the brakes yet but no reason why it won't work.

While I was at the wreckers I also bought a Nissan MC cap - the 3 tab, 1/4 turn style - and made up an attachment to use it on the same bleeder. I can't get it to seal onto the master cylinder - as soon as I pressurise the line it leaks like a sieve from where the cap seals to the outer lip of the M/C. I tried a couple of different seals, but still the same. I haven't been able to find an off-the-shelf cap to suit a pressure bleeder either.

Anyone done this with one of these M/C's? Anyone know of an afermarket cap or seal that would work better.

Geoff

I've got an SP tools one I use on the 32 GTR, 33 GTST is probably the same I guess as they all use the same master cylinder. SP70821

BTW thread over here for another option....note that it took me months to get the correct part from SP....

Thanks Duncan - just the info I was looking for.

What fits into the hole in the SP Tools adaptor - I'm guessing the SP kit includes something that seals and connects to the pipe. The hole looks too large to take a Nitto or similar quick connect directly. I'm not sure how I'd be able to connect my hose to it as is.

The alloy Motive adaptor looks nice, but I can't find an AU supplier. 

I

yep its just a nitto fitting. Pretty sure it came with one in the kit.