SAU Community

Experience with Performance Plus in sunshine for tuning?

Robocop2310

Hi guys,

I’m thinking of upgrading my R33 GTR with bigger turbos and need a good tuner closer to my home in Caroline Springs so was thinking of Performance Plus in Sunshine where Nismo (or Nisma whatever works) once was. Any one used them for tuning before and how was the service and was results vs cost descent?

I usually get my car serviced and tuned at Chasers when I lived closer to there but now it’s getting a little far.

By the whatever happened to Nismo anyways? Sorry guys I’ve been out of the car scene for a few years after getting married and having kids.

Thanks

Alex

• Like 1

Don't know anything about them but you have a GTR, it's worth travelling to have the car tuned, travel within reason shouldn't be a factor imho. For a GTR you can't go past racepace, live, breath and eat gtr/rb. An hour worth of travel that will definitely be worth it.

• Like 3

If you were happy with Chasers and they are a little bit further away then stock with them. 

Don't know what happened to nisma but going to a place because it's simply closer does not work out well for most people. 

• Like 3

Thanks guys. It's not that I don't want to travel a bit more (although it is part of the equation), I like to try new places and have heard descent things about Performance Plus. So no one has had GTRs tuned here?

• Like 1

Chasers are pretty good. If you want someone who just deals with GTRs especially r33's it will be worth the drive to go to race pace. I've been to a few places and race pace hands done shits all over the other guys. I retuned my car there and they got an additional 30kw at the wheels with less boost. It's running 370kw at the wheels now.

On 11/10/2018 at 3:12 PM, CU's GTR said:

Chasers are pretty good. If you want someone who just deals with GTRs especially r33's it will be worth the drive to go to race pace. I've been to a few places and race pace hands done shits all over the other guys. I retuned my car there and they got an additional 30kw at the wheels with less boost. It's running 370kw at the wheels now.

Thanks buddy a bit of a long drive from where I live in Caroline Springs so cannot be yo to it.

• 1 month later...

I take my cars to RacePace. When i'm not around (which is starting to feel like always), I tow truck it to them. It's only about $100 from the city, so factor in another $50 from your side of town.The tow truck driver doesn't even need to know how to start it, as long as he has access to the interior (to release handbrake, and pop out of gear).

Gareth and Chris at RacePace have been excellent to work with and explain everything down to the last detail. It must be annoying for them as every customer must start at a similar point of knowledge and Gareth and Chris must both spend half their lives explaining the same things over and over. Would recommend 10/10.

• Like 1