SAU Community

Upgrade costs

GDZ34R

8 hours ago, GDZ34R said:

Hi,

Anyone out there knows how much it’s gonna cost to upgrade base model stock gtr34 from 220kw to about 340kw?

Seeing you posted in the transmission/drivetrain section, I will assume you are only asking about upgrading these components to handle about 120kw more.

If you go above 400bhp you will have to swap the stock clutch assembly but, if you resist the urge to do 7000rpm launches, an upgraded clutch cover will grip a standard Nissan organic spinner to give nice drivability with good grip.

Really high power applications, or lots of abusive starts, will require something much more heavy-duty in the form of a multi-plated clutch. Triple-plate clutches can hang on really well, and have reasonable drive characteristics, rather than being on-off switches like some other multi-plate units but will be very stiff and horrible for daily drives.

I would set aside $2,000-$4,000 for something like Os Giken or HKS and a good mechanic (prices might be little higher as it’s been a long time since I looked into tranny upgrades so ring around).

Edited by Robocop2310
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

Assuming the car is completely stock (which it isnt because its making 220kw but you gave us zero details) about $8k to have that much power reliably.

Does that take the gearbox into consideration?

Here's the list of things you need to upgrade to make that much power.  Each one will cost $3k in PlayStation land.

Turbo

Turbo

ECU

Fuel system

Clutch

Gearbag

Diff (rear)

Diff (front)

Transfer case

Add in another couple of lots of $3k for rounding errors, etc.  Take off $3k if you decide to go single, but add it back on for the new exhaust stuff you need.  Sounds like ~$30k.

• Haha 1

Honestly, the limit to how much you spend is endless if you have the cash.

If I were you, just upgrade the clutch and tansmission and if money perhaps get a good ecu if you don’t have one already - get it tuned and call it a day.

• Like 1