Jump to content
  • Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


Recommended Posts

Looks great, but all that time/money/stress you could have put in a RB26 lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine leaked like a sieve exactly where you were worried that it would leak from. I also had all the issues that you had RE thermosat housing and lower coolant passage. What exactly did you do next to the coolant passage at the front of the adapter to stop it leaking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay i re-read it and it looks like you drilled out the threads on the RB26 side of the adapter and the bolt that mates the ITB to the RB26 side of the adapter now goes through the ITB's, RB26 side, RB20 side and directly into the head? is that correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 7:11 PM, iruvyouskyrine said:

Okay i re-read it and it looks like you drilled out the threads on the RB26 side of the adapter and the bolt that mates the ITB to the RB26 side of the adapter now goes through the ITB's, RB26 side, RB20 side and directly into the head? is that correct?

This is correct. the holes lined up perfectly here. So I drilled the threads out and de-burred the holes. 

There were a couple other holes which almost lined up but were not spot on and would require some enlarging to fit properly. 

Ill see how it goes, my injector seals showed up this morning so It shouldn't be much longer before I try and fire it up. Ill keep you all posted.

-Jordie

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just took all mine apart and you are correct, that's an excellent idea, wish I did it 3 years ago. I'll take some more pics for people as well when it all goes back together. I just sent all my stuff off to high octane today to be coated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 7:11 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Looks great, but all that time/money/stress you could have put in a RB26 lol

Damn. I really wish they had $500 RB26's where I live. Would have saved me lots of headaches. 😄

8 hours ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

I just took all mine apart and you are correct, that's an excellent idea, wish I did it 3 years ago. I'll take some more pics for people as well when it all goes back together. I just sent all my stuff off to high octane today to be coated.

Yea. I was surprised that Otaku didn't do that from the get go. I used an M8 x 80mm bolt to go through everything and thread into the block. 

Did you make a gasket for in-between the plates as well, or did you just use RTV?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...