SAU Community

RB26 intake manifold on RB20

Thanks for the kind words. The flanges are really simple to make / have made. the hard part is the fabrication of the welding and porting the openings to match which is why I would be hesitant to sell them as a kit. 

Plus I bet very few are as stubborn as me haha

-Jordie

• Haha 1

On 1/19/2022 at 8:04 PM, GTSBoy said:

Plus, if you wanted to do a kit, you'd be smarter to avoid relying on having to obtain RB26 ITBs. You'd want to use DCOE pattern or readily available motorbike single throttles or something actually available and not subject to GTR tax.

That would be great for N/A applications but having to adapt back to use the GTR plenum would be a pain with DCOE style throttles. Luckily many people discard this over complicated setup so parts can be had fairly cheap.

If anyone wants a set of flanges I'd be open to making them. It would just be up to the buyer to fit them properly. The distance between the runners and throttle openings do not line up well so there is a considerable amount of welding to fill and porting.  But I have heard of welding on the flanges and forgetting about it.

I just dont want to catfish people into thinking this is an easy solution, bolt-on or otherwise. 🤣