SAU Community

rb20 help please

Jonah

Hey guys!

So I am currently working on my new project which is an auto r33 gts with a yucky rb20e inside of it. I was looking at a couple of options to do an engine swap. I have a choice to go with an rb25de or an rb20de (as am currently still on p plates in QLD) If i am to go with the rb20de option i would like to look at going turbo in the near future as it will still remain p plate legal. I would like to know what is required to swap for both engines and would like to know your personal thoughts on what I should do. :)

all help is much appreciated thank you!!!

Do not waste your time and money transplanting Nissan's 2nd and 3rd slowest RB engines in place of their absolute slowest RB engine.  There is no good that can come from this.  Drive the slow piece of shit around slowly until you are off your Ps then put a turbo engine in it if you must.  Although if you then come and ask us about transplanting a turbo engine we will all tell you to f**k the piece of shit off and just buy a turbo car, because there is too much expense and pain involved in engine conversions for things that you can already buy off the rack.

22 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Do not waste your time and money transplanting Nissan's 2nd and 3rd slowest RB engines in place of their absolute slowest RB engine.  There is no good that can come from this.  Drive the slow piece of shit around slowly until you are off your Ps then put a turbo engine in it if you must.  Although if you then come and ask us about transplanting a turbo engine we will all tell you to f**k the piece of shit off and just buy a turbo car, because there is too much expense and pain involved in engine conversions for things that you can already buy off the rack.

ok man thanks for the advice, just wanted a bit more ooomf whilst on my P's. But i do appreciate your honesty. :)

Edited by Jonah