SAU Community

New R32 GTS-t Owner!

RideForFreedom

Hey yall, I just picked up my 1991 R32 Skyline GTS-t (RB20DET Manual) almost 3 weeks ago but I've been diving around this forum since I first started to seriously look into buying one.

It's a 90% stock car with just under 70k miles (sorry I'm in the US) with only adjustable front camber arms, a HKS intake, Cusco front strut bar, and a Uras Type SS muffler. It just got imported by Japanese Classics so it's been in the States as long as I've owned it plus a few days. So far I've fallen in love with this car (and right side driving) with only a small issue of a dying starter. I'm planning on going for a clean drifter "look" and functionality, although I don't plan on really sliding it around too much. Next step is a new set of coil overs that can handle drifting well, and hopefully also the street but I know you can really only get one or the other in most cases.

I'm personally more of a bike guy, since they've been more accessible to me than cool cars, so I have a fairly good mechanical background and prefer to fix things myself if I can. Also feel free to ask any bike questions, as I've worked at a BMW/Suzuki dealership for the past 5 years and know quite a bit about the motorcycle world. I also have a 1973 MG MGB and a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 (daily car) but I usually ride my 2015 Harley Dyna or my 2018 Alta Redshift SM (but that got hit by a car). I know I'm here for the Skyline part so I'll keep quiet about the other toys from now on.

I hope to help anyone I can and I'm sure I'll be asking for help like I have already.

Thanks for everything already!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RideForFreedom said:

It's a 90% stock car with just under 70k miles (sorry I'm in the US)

Hi.  Trust that number as much as you would a $3 note.  Also......did they convert the odo to miles?  Or are you converting it for us?  Either way, unless it has been locked up in a box in Japan for many years, it is highly unlikely that it's only done a hundred thousand kays.  Wound back odos is the single most reliable feature of imports from Japan.