SAU Community

Finally Bought My Dream Car (R34)

Gigan

Hey Guys so i finally got my dream car, the first car that i ever took notice of in my life, might get some shit off this but it was when paul walkers skyline poped onto the tv screen and i fell in love with the car, and here i am with my very own. Decided to name it Gigan named after one of the monsters in the Godzilla Universe, was going to go with Ghidorah but the name doesnt fit the number plate if i were to get one from my plates, here are pictures below, hopefully they are not terrible.

Front what i was able to find out on the vin plate, the paint is original, this is a 2001 25GT GTV Series 2 (I dont know if the GTV Series 2 means anything) with 119xxx on the clock with an NA Neo Engine, Most of the car is stock, The Exhaust hasnt been touched,  Front bumper is after market, Aftermarket Head Unit With Sub in Boot, Aftermarket enclosed box and pod filter, came with the original Maintenance Note, with Japanese manuals and infomation, (Kenwood, mine is jvc head unit, Viper security and a notebook) The guy who i bought it off threw in a Big aftermarket GT wing, short shifting kit, he put about 4 grand into it before he let it go to me, (New heavy duty clutch) He genuinely loved it and now its my job to do the same, any and all feedback would be appriciated.

*Questions* Thought id get these out of the way so i dont pollute any other forums with questions done to death so if anyone ventures onto this thread they might be able to help me out*

I put the vin through gtr registry and the vin says its turbo at the start then later on it says its not turbo, does this mean its turbo ready or something?

Are the S Badges on this car actual skyline badges or are they silvia or aftermarket badges (Refer to steering wheel and the bottom of the engine photo for S badge on the mesh.

The left hand side of my boot is more open than the right side and i dont want any moisture in there (Refer to close up boot photo) Any suggestions?

Are there any cost efficient styling tips would anyone recommend, i quite like the black on blue look

Getting alot of shit for my gutter rashed wheels, would you guys have any recommendations for replacement rims

The Enclosed box stuck out to some, under investigation the bottom of it has a hole smaller than the actual air piping to the engine so it doesnt look like its sucking in enough air, any ideas would be appriciated here (Has a pod filter in it)

Some engine parts are heat wrapped, i dont know if this is beneficial or not as its supposed to keep heat out but wouldnt that keep heat in? Just a jab, any thoughts

20181108_132640.thumb.jpg.912fa0b7eaf4e083b4bd7e3c2c18d766.jpg

20181106_175919.thumb.jpg.cd7a7bf02d64efe5d5ceb52656cafac3.jpgInked20181108_132709_LI.thumb.jpg.f0bcfc5d5f6035f3b0c4c29cdbb59ca4.jpgInked20181108_132656_LI.thumb.jpg.5735a906fdceae6a5e44aa231b5271e4.jpg20181107_170835.thumb.jpg.0a42b742a10f411effd5cb79af5ded96.jpg20181108_132835.thumb.jpg.a38a8025b1a305eab27b3cef3b2ca055.jpg20181108_132908.thumb.jpg.ead724930ad4ef9949292d326d8b798c.jpg20181108_133038.thumb.jpg.01a2dfb41761a996fad4fcc9ebd32035.jpg20181108_133044.thumb.jpg.53a77d6545b8eab91a45e2000bb2b979.jpg20181108_133049.thumb.jpg.9953d96e5741bab5e636b8c2f1f86938.jpg20181108_133252.thumb.jpg.cdb6a4fb1faa4c351c38097d2cda0b2d.jpg20181108_133301.thumb.jpg.c20e52ff6de6505c29723d1a4abb9b18.jpg

20181106_182932.jpg

Edited by Gigan
Missed some stuff
  • Like 1

I missed some details, It is an Import and it was done up over in Japan (Refer to switches photo) It had neon and interior lighting but Australia didnt like it so it had to be undone when brought over from Japan.

Welcome.

44 minutes ago, Gigan said:

I put the vin through gtr registry and the vin says its turbo at the start then later on it says its not turbo, does this mean its turbo ready or something? 

GTR registry not necessarily going to get the details of non-GTRs correct.  It's NA.  It always was.  There is no such thing as "turbo ready".  Note, as pre-warning, that most of us here will advise you not to consider turboing the car, on the basis that it is better, easier and cheaper to just buy a turbo car.

45 minutes ago, Gigan said:

Are the S Badges on this car actual skyline badges or are they silvia or aftermarket badges (Refer to steering wheel and the bottom of the engine photo for S badge on the mesh.

That's the Skyline logo.

46 minutes ago, Gigan said:

The left hand side of my boot is more open than the right side and i dont want any moisture in there (Refer to close up boot photo) Any suggestions?

You talking about the panel gap?  Won't affect moisture entry.  The car may have been damaged and repaired - without enough care paid to getting it straight enough to make the panel gaps look nice.  Will need inspection by a crash repairer if you want a good opinion on what the condition of it is.

48 minutes ago, Gigan said:

Getting alot of shit for my gutter rashed wheels, would you guys have any recommendations for replacement rims

Don't listen to anyone giving you shit.  You could just get the lips of your existing wheels cleaned up.  Otherwise, I recommend Enkei RPF-1, in black, as the bestest, lightest, non-expensive wheel.

50 minutes ago, Gigan said:

The Enclosed box stuck out to some, under investigation the bottom of it has a hole smaller than the actual air piping to the engine so it doesnt look like its sucking in enough air, any ideas would be appriciated here (Has a pod filter in it)

That is a shitty pod enclosure.  I would f**k the whole lot off for a factory airbox. You won't ever need more than that.  That pod will be worse than factory.

50 minutes ago, Gigan said:

Some engine parts are heat wrapped, i dont know if this is beneficial or not as its supposed to keep heat out but wouldnt that keep heat in? Just a jab, any thoughts

The exhaust manifold is wrapped.  And it IS intended to keep the heat in the exhaust and not let it out into the engine bay.  This is a good thing.  Do not change it.

Here's a pro tip.  These forums have been running for more than 20 years.  Every question has been asked before.  There are thousands of hours of reading available on here.  Search, and ye shall find.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

GTR registry not necessarily going to get the details of non-GTRs correct.  It's NA.  It always was.  There is no such thing as "turbo ready".  Note, as pre-warning, that most of us here will advise you not to consider turboing the car, on the basis that it is better, easier and cheaper to just buy a turbo car.

I've PM'd OP about this. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time ensuring everything is accurate so I want to check this out.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2018 at 12:08 PM, GTSBoy said:

OP thought the T in the model code meant Turbo but it means 25GT Turbo (GTT), GT-V. Car is listed as RB20DE.

Yeah GT-V's are kinda neat, I remember reading about them from my P-plate days haha

From memory, it had all the GTT brakes, suspension etc which might explain the GTT notation in the vin code.

Not to poke holes, but what did the VIN say your original colour was? I didn't know Bayside Blue was ever offered on ER34s from factory. 

TV2, from GTR registry if i read it right mine was 1 of 302 GTV 2 Series model to get Bayside blue as its factory color so yeah definitely happy for this car to pop up as it is, thanks for explaining a bit about GTV's couldnt find much out about them 

Edited by Gigan
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 11:07 AM, alex182 said:

Not to poke holes, but what did the VIN say your original colour was? I didn't know Bayside Blue was ever offered on ER34s from factory. 

TV2 was available in all version of R34; HR34, ENR34, ER34 and of course BNR34. A total of 898 TV2 ER34s were produced across all countries.

http://gtr-registry.com/en-r34-colours.php

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sin- said:

TV2 was available in all version of R34; HR34, ENR34, ER34 and of course BNR34. A total of 898 TV2 ER34s were produced across all countries.

http://gtr-registry.com/en-r34-colours.php

Learnt something new! Neat!

I've seen a few but always assumed they were resprays