• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Sign in to follow this  
sergi_dee

Clutch suggestions

Hi guys and girls,

So in the market of buying a twin plate as single plates aren’t rated to the power I am making. Car is making 400kw at the rear. I 3a7fae4e-1b8a-4d62-95e5-4998f3463302.jpgHaven’t heard good things about xtreme and exedy is 2500+.Also heard clutchs from Japan don’t give warranty. I’m happy to pay between 1500-2k for a new one. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers

Pic for attention

The Nismo twins are the usual first suggestion around here.  Not sure about your budget though.  I think once you decide you have to spend more than ~$750 for a clutch, you just pay as much as you have to to get the right clutch.  $2.5k at Just Jap.

Edited by GTSBoy

NPC do a twin plate that is supposed to be good. A friend had one in his R33 and raved about it i have an NPC single and wouldnt run any other single plate. No dramas and good support

I had found a nismo one that was second hand and the guy said it was only rated to like 600hp for the twin plate. I was thinking npc aswell actually, what you guys reckon of direct clutch’s?

I just went through this.  Ended up getting a Nismo Coppermix twin from RHD Japan.  Very happy.  I had an Exedy twin in it before that.  Wasn't a big fan and it didn't last, even with only 245rwkw.

There’s a lot of different opinions even from local mates. Has anyone tried the exedy triple plate as they’re pricey on rhd but still cheaper then the exedy twin plates from dealers. I kind of want to have it future proof aswell seeing as the power mods won’t stop where they’re at the moment